• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 1: Leafs @ Bruins

One goal in such a short sample can skew the results. Its been a coin flip between the two

Outside of the Chara goal Freddy has been there every step. Rask however seems to be the one letting in the weaker goals thus far

Last edited:
Yeah goaltending isn't a factor really. Special teams and luck has resulted in a 2-2 series. Otherwise this is 3-1 leafs. I'm confident this year. They've been the better team in 3 of the 4 games. That has not happened to the leafs in the playoffs in a very very long time. Even those Ottawa series... That was all luck and goaltending in most of those.

Tough to be too upset about that one. The Leafs deserved the win, just didn't the bounces.

Just keep playing like that.

3/4 lines have been creating havoc for them

Moore never quits

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Boston uses Bergeron and Marchand on the PK but the Babs doesnt bother to use JT. Any reason why?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah I know we like to try to find reasons for losses or play the blame game. But sometimes it's just as simple as bad luck. They win that game nine times out of ten. Outside of the PK I've got no issues with that game. And even then... Marchand is real real good. That's a tough pp to stop.

I accidentally turned on the radio today to a nylander bashfest. Seems like that's the narrative for today.

Yeah, the PK is the one area thats been letting them down this series, but yeah Marchand is awesome and consistently makes great fakes to freeze everyone on the ice. Its amazing how much of his career he wasted, and how much money he blew trying to be a rat instead of a player for his first 10 years in the league. Guy would have been a hall of famer.

Yeah, the PK is the one area thats been letting them down this series, but yeah Marchand is awesome and consistently makes great fakes to freeze everyone on the ice. Its amazing how much of his career he wasted, and how much money he blew trying to be a rat instead of a player for his first 10 years in the league. Guy would have been a hall of famer.

It's insane how good he is. He isn't particularly fast, doesn't particularly have a great shot. But man the guy thinks the game at another level. He is their engine, no doubt. This is a 3-1 leafs series if he's even ordinary.

I don't think Marchand wasted half his career. He was a mid round pick and a decent player until he hit 26 and became a superstar. Which is f ucking rare but it does happen.

Yeah it just took him awhile to figure out. He used to be a turnover machine. He would over dangle and really be a mess with the puck. He wasn't a bad player but I mean... hes not the most naturally gifted player in the world so that resulted in a 40-50 point player. Kind of where I'd expect him to be considering his junior numbers and overall talent level.

What has developed is his brain. He has figured out what does and what doesn't work. And he thinks the game ten steps ahead of anyone else. I know we all hate him but man he's a pleasure to watch really.

Yeah, because he thought he had to be an agitator to make it. But he didn't. His hockey IQ is so high. He spent so much time running around the ice worrying about things other than actually playing. When he was kind of forced to cut that out because of all the suspension he instantly became an elite player. And technically he was past his offensive peak at that point too.

All Strengths: 258cf-250ca (50.8%), 140scf-121sca (53.6%), 12.5xgf-11.8xga (51.4%)
5v5 Normal: 218cf-205ca (51.5%), 114scf-95sca (54.6%), 8.9xgf-7.8xga (53.4%)
5v5 Adjusted: 208cf-207ca (50.1%), 109scf-97sca (53.1%), 8.7xgf-7.8xga (52.7%)

Last Year

All Strengths: 389cf-443ca (46.8%), 192scf-219sca (46.7%), 16.7xgf-20.9xga (44.5%)
5v5 Normal: 321cf-352ca (47.7%), 159scf-170sca (48.3%), 12.9xgf-14.2xga (47.6%)
5v5 Adjusted: 313cf-350ca (47.3%), 156scf-169sca (48.0%), 12.7xgf-14.1xga (47.3%)

Yeah, because he thought he had to be an agitator to make it. But he didn't. His hockey IQ is so high. He spent so much time running around the ice worrying about things other than actually playing. When he was kind of forced to cut that out because of all the suspension he instantly became an elite player. And technically he was past his offensive peak at that point too.

Honestly that's not really that true. If you watched him before and if you ask Bruins fans they didn't like that he played like a top tier skill guy with the puck. It resulted in a lot of turnovers and they felt he just wasn't good enough to play like that.

It doesn't make sense to me either. There's no reason for a player to develop that late. It is so incredibly rare. But it happened. It is what it is. There are outliers sometimes.

I still remember thinking how stupid it was of Boston to re-sign Marchand for eight years at $6M+ back in 2016, after he'd jumped from his usual 25 goals/50 points level of production to 37 goals & 61 points. I figured that'd be his career year, he'd go back to his usual production and end up as an overpaid second-line winger.

Never imagined he'd then jump to 85 points the following year, and up to a 100+ point pace the following two seasons. It's insane.

The one thing we'll have to hope for is that at some point in the near future, he'll go over the cliff a lot of small, physical players seem to run into in their early 30's.

All Strengths: 258cf-250ca (50.8%), 140scf-121sca (53.6%), 12.5xgf-11.8xga (51.4%)
5v5 Normal: 218cf-205ca (51.5%), 114scf-95sca (54.6%), 8.9xgf-7.8xga (53.4%)
5v5 Adjusted: 208cf-207ca (50.1%), 109scf-97sca (53.1%), 8.7xgf-7.8xga (52.7%)

Last Year

All Strengths: 389cf-443ca (46.8%), 192scf-219sca (46.7%), 16.7xgf-20.9xga (44.5%)
5v5 Normal: 321cf-352ca (47.7%), 159scf-170sca (48.3%), 12.9xgf-14.2xga (47.6%)
5v5 Adjusted: 313cf-350ca (47.3%), 156scf-169sca (48.0%), 12.7xgf-14.1xga (47.3%)

We are better 5v5. Special teams is where we are getting killed and that pressure should be on the coaching staff. Bruins use Marchand and Bergeron, why can’t we use JT?

Yeah it's not just special teams. Bad bounces have been a large factor as well. Luck is going to be a major factor in any series where the teams are relatively even. Leafs got the short end of the luck stick last night. No doubt. It's fine. It happens.

Back