• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 1: Leafs @ Bruins

It's easy to use excuses of not the time, too young, blah, blah. I look at the teams advancing in the second round and not winning tomorrow is a massive blown opportunity, The Canes are taking the defending cup champs to game 7 on Wednesday.

It's easy to use excuses of not the time, too young, blah, blah. I look at the teams advancing in the second round and not winning tomorrow is a massive blown opportunity, The Canes are taking the defending cup champs to game 7 on Wednesday.

Yeah, it is a massive opportunity - I think we’re actually better on paper than almost all of those teams I listed in my last post. We have a real shot to here.

Aww shucks.

Let me know if you're going to any games in Columbus (obviously if TO wins tomorrow.) We live few hours away... might be willing to make the trek if you're buying drinks.

I'll do you a further solid by planting drugs on Jonas if he tries to cross the border and also go to Columbus

Oh it'll be a blown opportunity(if that's what happens), but we'll have lots more chances, hard to be too negative when the future is so bright.

Imagine if it’s:

Columbus, NYI, Carolina, Boston or us
St Louis, Vegas, Dallas, Colorado

Moving on.

We’ve gotta win... on paper, this is probably as good of a path to the cup as you’re gonna get.
Besides it being Boston again, this is what would bum me out most about losing.

In the big picture, I believe we’re going to have a core in place that can contend for at least the next 5-7 years, and I also have confidence that our drafting & development will keep adding good players to the group.

But in the short term, hoo boy does this look like a golden opportunity for us. I honestly believe that if we can just get past the first round, there isn’t another team left in the east or west that’ll be as tough a matchup as Boston.

Those years have a way of slipping away. An injury or two here, poor performances there... being upset in round 1, 2 or 3 another year... all of a sudden, that 5-7 years is gone. Look at a team like Washington. They finally did it on the back end of their "window." The Pens won one early then it was looking like that was it for a bunch of years... but they got a couple more. Of course there have been a bunch of good young teams that never do get their Cup.

That said, the Leafs future looks really bright... and they can win tomorrow and go on to win the Cup this year.

Yeah, it is a massive opportunity - I think we’re actually better on paper than almost all of those teams I listed in my last post. We have a real shot to here.

So was tampa, Calgary..... etc.
Babcock has to put tavares out for defensive zone faceoffs during the penalty kill.
Put muzzin out for the second pp unit .... shelter gardiner and dermot.
Put more pucks on net and make life hard for rask.
Hope Anderson can be on his game.
Stop taking stupid lazy selfish penalties.
The leafs were doing good until Ennis took that stupid selfish penalty ( no matter what that stupid fat piss tank cherry says).
Skate, skate, and skate some more.
Boston cant skate with the leafs.
Expose the chara defensive pairing with speed .... make them hook you and hold you.
Finish every single check on Bergeron.... make this guy hurt .... he is brittle.
Play the hell out of Matthew's, marner and tavares.

Back