• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flyers 3/30 1:30

I'm sitting at home on this beautiful Spring day, suffering from a bout of bronchitis and the flu, but the game and storm surge made me feel a bit better for a while.

Stupid, stupid Williams!

Meh. He chucked a guy in the hip who them managed to hurt himself throwing himself to the ice. The Flyers dove all day and were rewarded with a couple of truly crap calls because of it. They absolutely deserve to be eliminated playing that kind of chicken crap hockey.

Wins are nice. Mr Azek was good. Aho is mostly back ... needs a goal to break the ice. Philly sucks and so do their fans. Lovely day.

Great crowd tonight. The Canes pretty much controlled the flow of the game for all three periods. Nice to see Mrazek get an assist today. His stop of the breakaway in the 3rd period was huge. Hopefully this takes a little pressure off tomorrow's game in Pittsburgh.

Yeah. Despite giving up the opening goal, I did think the Canes got on their game early and played pretty much the way Brindy wants them to play straight through the game. That game was a solid response to the previous two.

Wins are nice. Mr Azek was good. Aho is mostly back ... needs a goal to break the ice. Philly sucks and so do their fans. Lovely day.

Dunno if it was revealed anywhere what he was ailing from, at first I thought it was a shoulder and it could have been. But watching him play, seemed like he mostly had all his motion only had to dial it down a couple of gears on his intensity. It occurred to me perhaps he cracked a rib or more when he fell back on the ice, on his back.

This team is just not the same team without his energy and hockey IQ. He isn't alone but, a vital cog in what makes it work when it does. There is little room for error.

Dunno if it was revealed anywhere what he was ailing from, at first I thought it was a shoulder and it could have been. But watching him play, seemed like he mostly had all his motion only had to dial it down a couple of gears on his intensity. It occurred to me perhaps he cracked a rib or more when he fell back on the ice, on his back.

This team is just not the same team without his energy and hockey IQ. He isn't alone but, a vital cog in what makes it work when it does. There is little room for error.

Well, hello there stranger!

Aho got the crap knocked out of him about three weeks ago. I'm trying to remember what game it was so to remember who checked him. I believe it was a hit around the net. I thought maybe he should have been tested for a concussion at the point. He did run into Ferland a few games ago, but not half as hard as the one I can not pin point at this time. Never saw him take such a hard blow before is why I remember it. I have seen him throw checks since then, and the Ferland hit, but he has not been right since that day. Somebody help here. Maybe Seth Jones? Both players were still standing after the blow. Dead stop front left side blow...

Last edited:
Aho got the crap knocked out of him about three weeks ago. I'm trying to remember what game it was so to remember who checked him. I believe it was a hit around the net. I thought maybe he should have been tested for a concussion at the point. He did run into Ferland a few games ago, but not half as hard as the one I can not pin point at this time. Never saw him take such a hard blow before is why I remember it. I have seen him throw checks since then, and the Ferland hit, but he has not been right since that day. Somebody help here. Maybe Seth Jones?

He was fine after that hit. The issue was the collision with Nino in the game against Tampa on the 21st and it's all but certainly a knee problem. Nino was feeling it for a couple of games as well. And for the record, Aho's close enough at this point. Nobody's 100% at this stage of the season anyway. And you guys are acting like he's been bad ... and he hasn't. He just hasn't gotten a shot to drop. He's still getting assists and the line has been really good over the last two games.

No matter the outcome, that was two world class players, and a world class hit. Aho nonchalantly skated away. Says tons about his will and mental drive.

Well, hello there stranger!

Yeah I've gone the route of lurking. But was aff for a few months.

Watching this game against the Pens... omg. Are we going to choke..or another last game heartbreak? I know the team has improved but still. Then again, lining up against the Craps or Bolts. Sheesh. Nothing easy at this time of the year.

Back