• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Disaster

Sabrenator

Sabres & Golf Forum Moderator
The only word I can think of to sum up this season. Three games left and Buffalo is fourth from the bottom.

At Thanksgiving, Buffalo was first in the league. Now, they have a good chance at winning the lottery......again.

This team, coaching, management and ownership has sucked the life out of all the fans.

Back to back seasons of the third lowest point totals in franchise history.

At this point, I just don't know what they need to do anymore.

A once proud franchise in shambles. Some of the best fans in the league. The league's biggest joke.

Be glad you'll get a very good player out of it at least. The Habs will likely finish 9th and not get a high pick.

The Sabres are an enigma. On paper they should compete for a playoff spot at the minimum. They have solid young D and a competent group of forwards.

Their goaltending is suspect, Hutton was not the guy to bank on IMHO and Ullmark hasn't seized the reins. I doubt they make a change in net but I think they need to in order to take the next step.

The team is mismanaged greatly and that is on the ownership.

They're still soooo young. Adding another stud... a year older for Eichel, Dahlin, Risto... they're likely to turn it around in a big way one of these seasons soon.

Be glad you'll get a very good player out of it at least. The Habs will likely finish 9th and not get a high pick.

The Sabres are an enigma. On paper they should compete for a playoff spot at the minimum. They have solid young D and a competent group of forwards.

Their goaltending is suspect, Hutton was not the guy to bank on IMHO and Ullmark hasn't seized the reins. I doubt they make a change in net but I think they need to in order to take the next step.

The team is mismanaged greatly and that is on the ownership.

Your last point hits the nail on the head. Pegula has made some very bad hires in management and coaching. Fans are really turning on the owner here. Terry keeps emphasizing they want stability. If all they do is lose, how can you keep a GM and coach for 3-4 years?

Housley will most likely get the axe soon. The "Fire Housley" chants have just started. I don't see how they can bring him back after these god awful years. When you said they should compete for a playoff spot at the minimum, that to me means coaching.

Goaltending here has been sub par since Miller got traded. Botterill is banking on Hutton as a bridge goalie until prized second rounder, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, makes his appearance within the next year or so. But yes, it's holding them back a lot for now.

I've talked to a lot of people, listened a lot to the radio, and I think most fans agree this might be the worst season they have ever seen. Last year was bad, but the complete collapse from the end of November to now is jaw dropping. 10 game win streak to bottom 5 in the league. the gross negligence of the GM to help improve the team until the last minute when its too late. Incompetent coaching continuously playing poor older players such as Sobotka and Okposo over and over and over again.

It's such a GD shame. Skinner will probably walk unless they offer him an INSANE contract. But, the GM and coach have been so bad. I can't believe they got worse from Tim Murray and Disco Dan.

They're still soooo young. Adding another stud... a year older for Eichel, Dahlin, Risto... they're likely to turn it around in a big way one of these seasons soon.

Been telling that to myself for 3 years now HP.....still hasn't happened. when we got Dahlin, the whole city was pumped. "Finally! Our luck is turning around!" Nope, same old crap.

Maybe we can win the lottery again. Even then, that still probably won't do it....

To put things into perspective, here's some incredible numbers:

* 14-32-8 since the 10 game win streak ended( they've earned 33% of the 108 points that were available)

* losers of seven straight and 14 of 15

* Three wins in the last 23 games(3-17-3) during which they have been outscored 94-47

* One regulation win in the last 22 games

* No back to back wins since December 11th and 13th

* 14 straight road losses during which they have been outscored 57-23

* four or more goals against in 13 of the last 16 games

* two or fewer goals scored in 15 of 23 games(they've been shutout five times in the last 12 games)

Oh, there's no arguing that this year wasn't a disaster. It was terrible and a huge huge disappointment. Their future is very bright though.

Your last point hits the nail on the head. Pegula has made some very bad hires in management and coaching. Fans are really turning on the owner here. Terry keeps emphasizing they want stability. If all they do is lose, how can you keep a GM and coach for 3-4 years?

Housley will most likely get the axe soon. The "Fire Housley" chants have just started. I don't see how they can bring him back after these god awful years. When you said they should compete for a playoff spot at the minimum, that to me means coaching.

Goaltending here has been sub par since Miller got traded. Botterill is banking on Hutton as a bridge goalie until prized second rounder, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, makes his appearance within the next year or so. But yes, it's holding them back a lot for now.

I've talked to a lot of people, listened a lot to the radio, and I think most fans agree this might be the worst season they have ever seen. Last year was bad, but the complete collapse from the end of November to now is jaw dropping. 10 game win streak to bottom 5 in the league. the gross negligence of the GM to help improve the team until the last minute when its too late. Incompetent coaching continuously playing poor older players such as Sobotka and Okposo over and over and over again.

It's such a GD shame. Skinner will probably walk unless they offer him an INSANE contract. But, the GM and coach have been so bad. I can't believe they got worse from Tim Murray and Disco Dan.

I read somewhere that the Sabres didn't have a single regulation win in March. Not one. That is just brutal and I would be as livid as you are if the Habs pulled off that dubious feat.

To put things into perspective, here's some incredible numbers:

* 14-32-8 since the 10 game win streak ended( they've earned 33% of the 108 points that were available)

* losers of seven straight and 14 of 15

* Three wins in the last 23 games(3-17-3) during which they have been outscored 94-47

* One regulation win in the last 22 games

* No back to back wins since December 11th and 13th

* 14 straight road losses during which they have been outscored 57-23

* four or more goals against in 13 of the last 16 games

* two or fewer goals scored in 15 of 23 games(they've been shutout five times in the last 12 games)

There is no way Housley should survive this. They should go hard after Quenneville.

They haven't won in regulation since February 12! :smilielol5:

I'd definitely take Q....Pegula needs to break out the check book. Do whatever it takes. But please, do not bring back Housley

8th loss in a row. 2 games left.

Would be fitting to end the season on a 10 game losing streak.

Yeah ... somebody had to pay. With this many openings, there's a lot of options for an experienced replacement.

He had to go. 62 points then 76, plus the incredibly awful ending to the season. The guy was in over his head. Heat's on Botterill now. IMO, he's done a lousy job too. He needs to hit the nail on the head this time for a new coach.

Vigneault maybe? Taylor from Rochester? Richards? List can be long. Either way, this is a very important hire.

He’s not the best no but he’s definitely above average and competent. Something the Sabres need now.

He’s not the best no but he’s definitely above average and competent. Something the Sabres need now.

Which is apparently the same opinion the Kings have of him, because it sounds like it's down to those two for his services.

I'm indifferent on him.

I'm more worried about the roster. Botterill has a lot of work to do, I mean A LOT.

Back