• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 4/4 7:00

Now I really am praying for the Pens to lose and us win against Philly. Who would we line up against then? The Islanders??

Dear NY Rangers - we'll GIVE you Fox if you pull a rabbit out of your collective heines and beat those Pens on Saturday..

Awful dating partner... Too busy keeping us from scoring and trying to score themselves.. :p Course the CAPS and Tampa are worse.

Yes, a Canes win and Pens regulation loss moves us to M3 and a date with the Islanders.

Look ... we've all been very good boys this year I'm sure, but I'm not sure Santa is gonna go THAT far. A man can dream though.

Not that regular season results matter in the playoffs, but the Canes went 0-3 against the Lightning, 0-3-1 against the Capitals, and 1-2-1 against the Islanders, Goal differentials were 13-6, 16-9, and 11-8 respectively.

Darling was the goalie of record in the 4-1 loss to the Islanders and the 6-5 SOL to the Caps. The rest were all Mrazek and McElhinney. Mac got the lone win.

With the exception of the Darling loss, all of the games against the Islanders were decided by one goal.

Last edited:
We can actually talk about the first round, inclusive of the Canes. Without getting ahead of ourselves. My lord.
I was living in Germany the last time we were in the Dance and had such discussions. Scotty Walker, the last Canes playoff hero...

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!

Back to this season and discussing first round matchups...
Idk if there's a favorite out of those three to line-up against, but I think in terms of the playoffs and how experience lends to winning these games... the Isles have experienced guys but not playing (the dance) together.
Tampa and Washington is another story.

I guess I will just enjoy whatever goes from this point.

Back