• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #81: Pride?

zeke

The two teams will kinda care about making a statement tonight but maybe not care THAT much.

ah well, should be fun either way.

Naz is likely out.

Babs said the other day he may dress 7 d when Jake is back. Which would be smart imo. Give Rosen some minutes in case they need him in the playoffs. Jake is likely a fragile mother ****er right now.

Yeah, looks like Kadri's out and Muzzin as well.

Gardiner is also confirmed to be back for tonight's game. Johnsson is back as well.

The lines and pairings at practice:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Nylander-Brown
Ennis-Gauthier-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Rosen-Dermott

Andersen
Sparks

Actually don't hate that. Saddling nylander with two stiffs wouldn't have been fair.
True enough. And hopefully it's just for this one game with Kadri being sat out.

Still, I'd prefer seeing Ennis or Moore on Matthews' left wing. Especially since we have the built-in excuse of taking the opportunity to rest Marleau's old ass before the playoffs.

2 things to watch:

1. Can Freddy build on his good performance last time out against a top offense?
2. Looks like for the first time all year Babs will actually put his best 5 out on the top PP unit - Willy is on the top unit in Kadri's spot. Hopefully they explode, and Babcock is forced to play the hell out of that PP unit all playoffs.

luke fox

@lukefoxjukebox
Mike Babcock credits Tampa Bay for many things, including “getting their players to buy into their salary structure.”

True enough. And hopefully it's just for this one game with Kadri being sat out.

Still, I'd prefer seeing Ennis or Moore on Matthews' left wing. Especially since we have the built-in excuse of taking the opportunity to rest Marleau's old ass before the playoffs.

Yup but I'm not being my breath on that ever happening. The Marleau-Nylander-Brown line was pretty awful from what I remember back when Auston was out. If willy has any chance of really getting going, it won't be on that line.

But yeah, ideally Marleau is on the fourth line.

luke fox

@lukefoxjukebox
Mike Babcock credits Tampa Bay for many things, including “getting their players to buy into their salary structure.”

Heh. Babs is annoying as **** and incredibly manipulative often for the wrong reasons. But this bit of manipulative passive aggression is one that I approve of.

hmm.

kadri out for round 1 would be a big blow.

but, tbh, I care about Muzzin more.

it's too bad that moore and ennis have been pretty crappy the past couple of games. they've probably cemented marleau and brown into those top-9 roles now if kadri can't go.

losing Kadri would hurt. although him being our 3C instead of 2C like last season will soften the blow.

but either way, if Willy has to play centre that makes the Matthews line less dangerous. hopefully Naz is okay.

I want it to be true but I keep getting more and more confident that Dregs 'sources' are really just 'voices'.

Back