• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Draft Lottery 2019

Re: Draft lottery 2019

My first shot got the habs first overall.

17 more tries and they got first again.

Not sure if it’s mentioned but lottery is on Tuesday. I also noticed we finished 10 points ahead of the next best team to miss the playoffs, if we finished 10 points better we would have been 4th overall

Not sure if it’s mentioned but lottery is on Tuesday. I also noticed we finished 10 points ahead of the next best team to miss the playoffs, if we finished 10 points better we would have been 4th overall

Four points behind the Leafs, that’s how close we were to making the playoffs inside the division.

Technically the Leafs, Pens, Canes, Jackets and Habs were all bubble teams in the east. Don’t tell Leaf fans that though. Habs simply missed out.

Technically the Leafs, Pens, Canes, Jackets and Habs were all bubble teams in the east. Don’t tell Leaf fans that though. Habs simply missed out.

Leafs lollygagged the last couple of weeks in the season, last game against the Habs they rested a lot of players. I think they have some evil masterplan for the playoffs and the Bruins . They knew they were going to play the Bruins for about a month now.

An honest evaluation...the Habs were the worst team of the bubble teams, not by much, but they still were. Need some work to do.

I don’t think the Habs are worse than Carolina. They’re on par.

Columbus has more high end skill so yeah, I’d put them ahead as well as the Leafs and Pens. The Pens are aging though so I’m expecting them to start tailing off.

The Habs had this in their hands, they just didn’t have enough. Truly a shame for the fans. Missing 3 out of 4 years now doesn’t look good on Bergevin.

Carolina has better depth on D. Their top two forwards are higher end than the Habs. We have Price, doubt their two middling goalies can repeat next year, this might be the only clear advantage.

The two teams are comparable when comparing units.

Leafs lollygagged the last couple of weeks in the season, last game against the Habs they rested a lot of players. I think they have some evil masterplan for the playoffs and the Bruins . They knew they were going to play the Bruins for about a month now.

An honest evaluation...the Habs were the worst team of the bubble teams, not by much, but they still were. Need some work to do.

Leafs have issues, this hasn’t been a two week thing, its been a month or so.

We had a horrendous February that did us in, we spent 80 % of the season in a playoff spot.

Before thst collapse vs Toronto we were in striking distance of the Leafs.

Just shows that any slump can do you in....three to four bad weeks killed us.

And a hot month for Carolina got them in.

Leafs have issues, this hasn’t been a two week thing, its been a month or so.

We had a horrendous February that did us in, we spent 80 % of the season in a playoff spot.

Before thst collapse vs Toronto we were in striking distance of the Leafs.

Just shows that any slump can do you in....three to four bad weeks killed us.

And a hot month for Carolina got them in.

Sports is all about coulda....shoulda.....what if ......when it comes to missing the playoffs

I don’t think the Habs are worse than Carolina. They’re on par.

Columbus has more high end skill so yeah, I’d put them ahead as well as the Leafs and Pens. The Pens are aging though so I’m expecting them to start tailing off.

The Habs had this in their hands, they just didn’t have enough. Truly a shame for the fans. Missing 3 out of 4 years now doesn’t look good on Bergevin.

I dont see the Pens tailing off that much .

Rutherford is a progressive ruthless GM . He has no issue unloading a core star to get younger and retool .

This isnt a Ducks or Kings situation where you knew the decline was coming while the team tried to maintain the status quo

99% chance we draft 15th.

Draft gurus: gimme 3 or 4 names that would make Habs’ fans happy.

99% chance we draft 15th.

Draft gurus: gimme 3 or 4 names that would make Habs’ fans happy.

If, by some way, Alex Turcotte slides all the way to our draft pick, this season will be a massive success. If he's not there (and I fully expect him to be done by pick 8 or 9), then it's whatever. Settle for Cam York, Connor McMichael or Alex Newhook. Nobody else really has my attention around that pick.

(Of course, if someone projected as a top-10 pick unexpectedly falls, that changes things.)

I'll also see who my man Simon Boisvert has on his lists. We both see prospects in the same way. Upside >>> all else.

I would also be perfectly fine if we traded down a few spots to accumulate extra picks.

(Of course, if someone projected as a top-10 pick unexpectedly falls, that changes things.)

I'll also see who my man Simon Boisvert has on his lists. We both see prospects in the same way. Upside >>> all else.

I would also be perfectly fine if we traded down a few spots to accumulate extra picks.

One player I like but ranked in the lower first is Connor McMichael of London or Harley of Mississauga who is ranked around 15-18

We came this close to getting the first pick the year Matthews was drafted. You never know.

Back