• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 82: Leafs @ Habs | Nobody seems to care

I gotta think that the Leafs pushed hard to get a good young 20-24 year old dman for Nylander and it never happened.

I don't see it Drouin being the part that gets us one.

I gotta think that the Leafs pushed hard to get a good young 20-24 year old dman for Nylander and it never happened.

I don't see it Drouin being the part that gets us one.

Need to find another Domi , " change of scenery trade "

I don't think the Leafs tried at all to move him .

It was game of chicken IMO

When Dubas realized he lost the war , he handed him 17 mil by July to get him in the lineup by the deadline

His contract is moveable if they want to try this summer

Maybe for RNH? Edmonton is desperate for a change. Only a year older than Drouin and the Oil saves 500k. Sure we’d have to add something to the deal but if it means getting rid of him for RNH you do it. What’s more likely is the Oil wanting the Habs to take on a bad contract to do the deal.

Drouin and Alzner for RNH and Lucic. Do you do it?

chiapet is gone

oilers are not trading their second line centre for drouin

JD gives you 4 years of cost certainty

Nuge is up in 2 years and looking for a raise

Oils have to think of the cap implications

unlikely a new GM is trading nuge this summer - all the other options would have to be explored - including trading some players and retaining some cap

for all chiapet did wrong the oilers actually have some decent prospects i am guessing they could trade - or fill holes with

they actually need a winger for nuge so i would actually look at drouin for oiler prospects

unlikely a new GM is trading nuge this summer - all the other options would have to be explored - including trading some players and retaining some cap

for all chiapet did wrong the oilers actually have some decent prospects i am guessing they could trade - or fill holes with

they actually need a winger for nuge so i would actually look at drouin for oiler prospects

Their prospect pool stinks beyond Bouchard and Yamamoto . The lottery may determine what they do with the pick

If they move up in the top 3 immediate help maybe on the way .

If they land 7-10 that pick could be dangled on draft night .

Drouin was 18th amongst LWs in points, that is first line stuff as per Marc Dumont. Maybe we shit on Drouin too much

Drouin was 18th amongst LWs in points, that is first line stuff as per Marc Dumont. Maybe we shit on Drouin too much

We do....because we see his cap hit, and we expect Kucherov type production....it's unfair, but this is MTL.

Also, he is not an Alpha.....Bergevin and media (directly or indirectly) pumped him up as the missing French superstar.

We do....because we see his cap hit, and we expect Kucherov type production....it's unfair, but this is MTL.

Also, he is not an Alpha.....Bergevin and media (directly or indirectly) pumped him up as the missing French superstar.

Alot of talk on Drouinon the TSN690 drive home with Melnyk.

Questions came up about his conditioning not allowing him to have the stamina to finish a season strong.

i do not think he is as bad as some say

he produces okay but brings nothing else to the table (no penalty killing, no scoring, no defense, no "grit")

however he is still young, has tons of talent
he can improve - especially if the habs figure out a PP

The guy is useless when he doesn't score. And he doesn't score enough to not worry about his defensive game. If he's going to have a lackadaisical work ethic, he needs to earn his diva status by being a near point per game player.

Also, fans tend to shit on people who don't look like they're trying half the time.

Back