• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoff Schedule

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The league posted the playoff schedule. The Canes open on Thursday, 4/11.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news...cup-playoffs-first-round-schedule/c-306558850

Game 1 at Washington Thursday, April 11, 7:30
Game 2 at Washington Saturday, April 13 3:00
Game 3 at PNC Monday, April 15 7:00
Game 4 at PNC Thursday, April 18 7:00
Game 5 at Washington Saturday April 20 TBD (if necessary)
Game 6 at PNC Monday, April 22 TBD (if necessary)
Game 7 at Washington Wednesday, April 24 TBD (if necessary)

Game 1 will be on USA Network. NBC owns the rights to all playoff games, so we might not necessarily have The Mighty Forslund on the broadcasts. They don’t use the Caps Beninati anymore so it’s still possible. But it would be the Corporate Forslund, not the Canes Forslund.

Edit: DeCock just tweeted Forslund’s schedule. The first round must not be exclusive to NBC, except for selected games. He’ll have the call on Fox Sports Carolinas for games 1,3 and 4, radio only for game 2, that’s an NBC game.

Busy week ahead for @JohnForslund. Will do FS Carolinas and radio for Games 1, 3 and 4 of Canes series, radio only for Game 2 (NBC exclusive) and work nationally every other day, starting with Columbus at Tampa on Wednesday on USA.

https://twitter.com/lukedecock/status/1114897029883486210?s=21

Last edited:
Canes get a break ... literally. They really needed a few days to regroup and recharge after the stretch run and not starting the Caps series until Thursday was as good as they could ask for.

Canes get a break ... literally. They really needed a few days to regroup and recharge after the stretch run and not starting the Caps series until Thursday was as good as they could ask for.

Yeah, but they didn't check with me first. They scheduled games 3 and 6 on nights when I'm going to have to abandon my beer league team in the middle of our spring season playoffs and game 4 when I'll be in San Francisco on business. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

Yeah, but they didn't check with me first. They scheduled games 3 and 6 on nights when I'm going to have to abandon my beer league team in the middle of our spring season playoffs and game 4 when I'll be in San Francisco on business. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

How could they be so inconsiderate?!

We are taking a family vacation in Charleston, SC, but right now I'm planning to drive back up to Raleigh for the April 18 game. Family's one thing, but playoff hockey is another!

Yeah, I've got to miss a fairly important rehearsal to go to Game 4. Shame about that ... sudden scheduling conflict!

Shut the Polar up, you damned candy asses who will be in the building!!!

I was concerned that we’d miss game 3 because of a vacation that was planned long before the playoffs were part of the conversation. But the Thursday start means we won’t miss a home game. We are faced with the spector of watching game 2 while we’re in line for the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (yes, that’s the full name of the ride, right Jeff?) or Star Tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was concerned that we’d miss game 3 because of a vacation that was planned long before the playoffs were part of the conversation. But the Thursday start means we won’t miss a home game. We are faced with the spector of watching game 2 while we’re in line for the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (yes, that’s the full name of the ride, right Jeff?) or Star Tours.

Does the roller coaster take you through a wall of sound?

Game 4 sets up really well for those of us that get Good Friday off from work! Nothing like an early work departure for some tailgating followed by a Canes playoff game on Thursday and then a day off to recuperate heading into a long Holiday Easter weekend!!!

Last edited:

You nailed it Andy. Enjoy its current incarnation before they inevitably re-theme the thing. And technically, it's now called "Star Tours - The Adventures Continue" since they added the new show scenes from the current run of films. Oh ... pro tip ... the line queue at Star Tours has MUCH better cell reception than Rockin Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror has nearly none. The park wifi is fairly decent, but really set up for streaming.

Pre "Pump" era, aka the good stuff or newer garbage?

Mix of both ... the music is um ... not great. The coaster is still really good though. I'd miss a few minutes of regular season game action to ride it, not so sure about the playoffs though.

You nailed it Andy. Enjoy its current incarnation before they inevitably re-theme the thing. And technically, it's now called "Star Tours - The Adventures Continue" since they added the new show scenes from the current run of films. Oh ... pro tip ... the line queue at Star Tours has MUCH better cell reception than Rockin Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror has nearly none. The park wifi is fairly decent, but really set up for streaming.

Random fact that I remembered from a trivia game at one of the character breakfasts. The Tower of Terror is 199 feet tall. If it were 200 feet, they would have been required to put navigation lights on the roof. I also think that end of the park is lower than everyplace else, explaining the rotten cell reception.

I had to look up the roller coaster and I'm not sure if the songs enhance a ride or not:

What Aerosmith song do they play on the rock n roller coaster?
Love in an Elevator
Each vehicle features a different Aerosmith song or medley. Tracks are: “Nine Lives”; “Sweet Emotion”; a “Back in the Saddle”/”Dude Looks Like a Lady” medley; a “Love in an Elevator”/”Walk This Way” medley; and a “Young Lust”/”F.I.N.E.”/”Love in an Elevator” medley.

I had to look up the roller coaster and I'm not sure if the songs enhance a ride or not:

They do not. Nor does the awkward pre-ride animatronic scene in the "studio" featuring the ageless wonder that is Ken Marino ... and formerly featuring Steven Tyler flashing "the shocker" in a Disney ride. It took them over a decade to notice.

Back to the subject at hand ... make sure to reassure friends and family that Forslund is indeed announcing all the Canes games aside from Game 2 which is a network exclusive. There seems to be a lot of misinformed freaking out on the subject on the internet. Yeah, he's working other games ... but he's working the Hurricanes game as a priority assignment.

Yep, Forslund will be flying back and forth between the Canes series and Tampa/Columbus, which he’ll be working for NBC with McPlankton. All Canes games except game 2 will be on Fox Sports Carolinas. Game 2 is NBC exclusive so John and Tripp will be radio only while the TV call will be Brendan Burke (the Islanders TV guy) and McPlankton.

The rest of NBCs game 1 lineup is here. At some point after the Masters, Mike Tirico will slide in and Kendall Coyne will join after the IIHF Women’s World Championship is over.

https://twitter.com/nbcsportspr/status/1115366123791376384?s=21

Back