• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Ya forgot that one. But again, that summer he strikes out and brings in Radulov which was a Hail Mary wasn’t it.

And when the player shows that he was worth it, the idiot picks a media battle with him and loses him.

When’s the last time he brought in a player in his prime, paid the price, and was the type of player we could get genuinely excited about? I can’t think of one.

Vanek and Radulov were pretty exciting acquisitions, and Petry was a solid one as well if not as exciting. Drouin was exciting at the moment of the transaction, young player with huge potential, but so far the results are meh.

That’s a fact.

What do you think Philip Danault potential was? I never thought in a million years he'd be a 50 points player with Selke consideration. He absolutely blew away all expectations I had of him. That's a guy that his best season was 38 points in the AHL.

I'm really not sure what you were expecting of him that he didn't fulfill yet.

What do you think Philip Danault potential was? I never thought in a million years he'd be a 50 points player with Selke consideration. He absolutely blew away all expectations I had of him. That's a guy that his best season was 38 points in the AHL.

I'm really not sure what you were expecting of him that he didn't fulfill yet.

That’s exactly my point.

At the time he picked him up Dano was pretty much a write off.

He’s been decent for us. But again a cheap bargain hunter move.

That’s exactly my point.

At the time he picked him up Dano was pretty much a write off.

He’s been decent for us. But again a cheap bargain hunter move.

Yes, but that's not what you said. What you said is:

Dano hadn’t lived up to his potential

He has exceeded his potential in my opinion. I thought he'd be a 4th line center, 3rd at most for us.

For Fleischmen and Weise, that was a hell of a trade, especially given that we got a 2nd rounder on top of it that ended up being Romanov.

This is hilarious.

Good job disproving those of us who don't believe you actually watch any hockey and just read the box score, Demon Blond.

So Tampa Bay has traded Callahan to Ottawa for Mike Condon.

Ottawa adds Callahan to their LTIR players, who aren't going to be on LTIR for reasons of saving money & getting to the floor.

A win-win, I suppose.

And while Gusev’s potential ceiling is sky-high, based on the offers Vegas received, it appears other GMs around the league had similar apprehension on his ability to reach that ceiling.

“We’ve been involved in a lot of things,” McPhee said. “It really came down to two teams having serious-enough interest to make offers, and when you feel the time is right, you do it because sometimes things change and those offers can evaporate.

“There were two teams that made offers, and we went back and forth for probably a couple weeks. There’s a certain time when it’s time to pull the trigger. If there were 10 or 12 teams coming hard after us then maybe you take a little more time, but it was two and it’s been two for a long time, so it was time.”
A source said they believe the other team to make a bid for Gusev outside of New Jersey was the Columbus Blue Jackets, but that offer fell short of the two-pick package the Devils offered.

https://theathletic.com/1104812/201...ta-gusev-to-new-jersey-was-vegas-best-option/

Yes, but that's not what you said. What you said is:

He has exceeded his potential in my opinion. I thought he'd be a 4th line center, 3rd at most for us.

For Fleischmen and Weise, that was a hell of a trade, especially given that we got a 2nd rounder on top of it that ended up being Romanov.

He’s saying Bergy got “lucky” because Dano had little trade value when he traded for him.

So Tampa Bay has traded Callahan to Ottawa for Mike Condon.

Ottawa adds Callahan to their LTIR players, who aren't going to be on LTIR for reasons of saving money & getting to the floor.

A win-win, I suppose.

Makes it easier for everybody that Callahan is retiring on LITR.
Prior to this new development, we were talking about Tampa Bay to giveaway a player like Mathieu Joseph or a quality prospect.
Nope, Tampa Bay ain’t losing anybody.

They took on a bad contract in Condon that some people thought would be very difficult for Ottawa to move, thus saving enough cap space to make the moves they want. (Well I hope so, it all depends on the Point contract negotiation now).

Like you said a win-win, but Dorion is really the one helping Tampa Bay out.
It doesn’t do as much for them but makes greedy Eugene happy.

Also Callahan had to waive is NTC, which he probably would not have accepted to do to move to Ottawa if he was still playing.

See you back in Tampa when you contract is up Cally, a position within the org is waiting for you.

Last edited:
Makes it easier for everybody that Callahan is retiring on LITR.
Prior to this new development, we were talking about Tampa Bay to giveaway a player like Mathieu Joseph or a quality prospect.
Nope, Tampa Bay ain’t losing anybody.

They took on a bad contract in Condon that some people thought would be very difficult for Ottawa to move, thus saving enough cap space to make the moves they want. (Well I hope so, it all depends on the Point contract negotiation now).

Like you said a win-win, but Dorion is really the one helping Tampa Bay out.
It doesn’t do as much for them but makes greedy Eugene happy.

Also Callahan had to waive is NTC, which he probably would not have accepted to do to move to Ottawa if he was still playing.

See you back in Tampa when you contract is up Cally, a position within the org is waiting for you.

I think the deals starts & ends there, really. Insurances will pay Callahan (Same for MacArthur & Gaborik) most of his money and Melnyk has less actual money to spend on the team.

Who will set off the chain reaction by caving first?

Dan Silver
@dsilver88
The following NHL RFA's are still unsigned:

Patrik Laine
Zach Werenski
Kyle Connor
Matthew Tkachuk
Mitch Marner
Ivan Provorov
Mikko Rantanen
Kevin Fiala
Charlie McAvoy
Travis Konecny
Brock Boeser
Brayden Point

Certainly never seen anything like this before heading into August

Shattenkirk to Tampa. 1 year 1.75 million.

Well TBay desperately needed to re-up their former NYR quota..

Jon Lane
@JonLaneNHL
Former New York Rangers on the Tampa Bay Lightning:

Kevin Shattenkirk
Ryan McDonagh

Anton Stralman, Dan Girardi and J.T. Miller also skated for Tampa Bay in previous seasons

Callahan was missed on the list FWIW

He’s saying Bergy got “lucky” because Dano had little trade value when he traded for him.

Yes thank you hallelujah...I was looking at the status of each player we traded for at the time of the trade.

At the time of the trade Dano HADN’T lived up to expectations.

Now he has exceeded them, obviously cuz they were pretty low...lol.

Back