• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

I could be wrong but this is the first cup without a true superstar on a roster

I wouldn't put much into this years playoffs , you might never see this again

4 WC`s winning in round 1 , last place on Jan1 and win a cup, upsets galore

Not sure I qualify as fluke but definitely reinforces there isn’t much of a divide between teams in the NHL & playoffs are all about matchups

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure I qualify as fluke but definitely reinforces there isn’t much of a divide between teams in the NHL & playoffs are all about matchups

Matchups for sure play a role .

Teams need to look at their roster makeup to see how many players have the will and character to push through .

Teams with too many soft floaters go nowhere

The Blues 91 is a superstar.

That's who I thought you meant. Not sure if he's HOF-bound, he has the talent but will need to take the next step scoring-wise or stick around awhile. He's the got the ring already which I guess is better.

Tarasenko is only a superstar if you think MaxPac was one too.

The standards sure are low if that's the case.

Yeah, there's not a world of difference.

If Tarasenko was a borderline 50 goal scorer every year, okay, yeah, I'd listen to the superstar argument.

But a borderline 40 goal scorer that's never been a PPG player once in his career?

Re: Around the League - 2019 Off Season

Washington and Philly swap dmen

Niskanen for Gudas

Pierre LeBrun:
• The Flyers retain 30 percent of Gudas' remaining $3.35-million cap hit/salary for next season. He's UFA in a year.
• Niskanen has two more years on his deal at a $5.75-million cap hit; the Caps obviously need cap room entering this off-season to get other things done.

Pierre LeBrun:
• The Flyers retain 30 percent of Gudas' remaining $3.35-million cap hit/salary for next season. He's UFA in a year.
• Niskanen has two more years on his deal at a $5.75-million cap hit; the Caps obviously need cap room entering this off-season to get other things done.

Yeah, it seems lopsided as Niskanen is definitely a better dman but I think this was all about moving out some salary for Washington

The Islanders have re-signed Jordan Eberle to a five-year, $27.5 million deal... $5.5M AAV.

The Islanders have re-signed Jordan Eberle to a five-year, $27.5 million deal... $5.5M AAV.

Now that's a fair deal for both sides

So Skinner a UFA gets 72 mil and JE 27.5 ....... WTF

Skinner should of got 5x 7.5

The Skinner deal is insane/

Panarin must be salivating at what he'll get

Yeah that's a good deal, I would have been fine with the Habs offering it as well.

There’s a difference in “attractiveness” between NY vs Buffalo.

Back