• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - 2019 Off Season

Pens trade Maata to the Hawks for Dominik Kahun and a 5th rounder

There’s a difference in “attractiveness” between NY vs Buffalo.

I don’t really buy that argument. These are young, very highly mobile millionaires. “Place” is almost irrelevant for them, especially when they are dialed into the season. The rest of the time, it seems they are in LA.

I don’t really buy that argument. These are young, very highly mobile millionaires. “Place” is almost irrelevant for them, especially when they are dialed into the season. The rest of the time, it seems they are in LA.

Nah, I get it. While highly mobile, they still need to live in said city for the duration of the season.

And its a hell of difference waking up and going to the beach, or walking around in Manhattan and waking up in buffalo or Winnipeg.

In Buffalo and Winnipeg, they'd be recognized on the street. In LA or NY no one would notice or care who they are, despite McGuire's ridiculous assertion that a player like Marner would make more in endorsements with the Rangers than with the Maple Leafs. When he said that on Ottawa radio the other week, they should have hung up on him and suspenddd him for a week.

The Washington Capitals have re-signed forward Carl Hagelin to a four-year, $11 million contract. The deal carries an average annual value of $2.75 million.

The Washington Capitals have re-signed forward Carl Hagelin to a four-year, $11 million contract. The deal carries an average annual value of $2.75 million.

Decent deal

decent deal, for sure , Hagelin probably left some money on the table to sign with a good team

Lehkonen should be around that number, maybe even 2.5

Too much for a 4rth liner with stone hands

He should get Kulak 1.85 tops . A plug starving for work in August could do his job

Leafs got Ennis for 650k and would of scored 20 if healthy .

He has better hands and vision than the Finn .

Last edited:

Lhekonen should be traded or part of a package to get a LHD. Let someone else establish his value.

We have too many 3rd and 4th liners eating up big money...Shaw, Byron, etc.

I think Shaw will go first.

I think there is serious interest in Shaw and Byron . Will Nero trade the guy he wanted to acquire from his previous team

We need to find that legit LH puck moving D this summer

The Ducks have officially named Dallas Eakins their new head coach.

The Rangers have acquired Jacob Trouba from the Jets for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in the draft.

Back