• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

Stars beat Predators. Up 3-2. I don't think there are any good teams in the NHL. We've reduced them all to the mean.

Who, Toronto?

They have one very good D prospect in Sandin. Everybody else they have are longshots to ever make it. The best of the lot of Hollowel, but outside of him, I have virtually no hope for any of them.

You don’t actually think Liljegren is a “longshot at best” to even make the NHL, do you?

You have “virtually no hope” for him?

My rule of thumb is the more fans you know from the other side, the more you will hate that team. It’s the reason Count hates the Canucks (even against Boston) and why Mindz is happy the Flames just got eliminated. Hell is another team’s fan base.
basically it is how a team's win will affect me personally.

Winnepeg sucks sadly. Go Leafs!

Dude, do you realize just an hour outside of Montreal in Eastern Ontario, that anyone who dared not to learn a word of French cheered for the Leafs ( a team more than 4 hours away) just because cheering for the Habs would make you a frog lover? Anyway...

You don’t actually think Liljegren is a “longshot at best” to even make the NHL, do you?

You have “virtually no hope” for him?

Yes and yes.

Maybe as a bottom pairing, but top-4? Nope.

One of those players that does nothing for me every time I watched him against the Laval Rocket.

I'd much prefer that Winnipeg wins the Cup.

200.gif

So...about that.

Yes and yes.

One of those players that does nothing for me every time I watched him against the Laval Rocket.

You realize how ahead of the curve an 18-19 yr old has to be, just to credibly compete against AHL level professional competition eh?

The kid is already a very good top 4 defender in the AHL at 19.

Dude, do you realize just an hour outside of Montreal in Eastern Ontario, that anyone who dared not to learn a word of French cheered for the Leafs ( a team more than 4 hours away) just because cheering for the Habs would make you a frog lover? Anyway...
Yeah I totally get you, I just don't care, it doesn't affect me at all.

Yes and yes.

Weird.

He had 7 points in 10 games played against Laval at 18 and 19 years old.

Go Knights?

A Leaf win tomorrow afternoon and I expect a lot of Habs fans will be cheering for the top 6 centre they want in free agency to beat us in the next round. So why not jump on the Duchene train (all the way to 9 million dollar station).

I don't recall you having sympathy for me in 2011, why should I have sympathy for you now?

Back