• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

Ovi murders a cane

why would anybody agree to fight "a truck on skates"

he never fights and likely would be killed by someone who could, but for some silly reason, dumb ass Svechnikov decided to take him on and paid the price.

2-0 Columbus, 4 minutes into Game 4.
2 Goals on 3 Shots.

Ouch

Its quite disturbing how a team can sink to the depths it has this quickly.

Part of me wonders what type of injuries are affecting Tampa Bay, because it's simply not normal. They're much, much better than this.

It's one thing if they didn't live up to their regular season play, I can see it. Playoff hockey is different.

But this isn't normal. They show some flashes, but it's not the same team at all. It's absolutely puzzling.

Its quite disturbing how a team can sink to the depths it has this quickly.
I find it amazing no one has yet to mention Vasilevsky being thoroughly outplayed by Bobrovsky.....u know who would’ve been ripped to shreds.

I know Columbus is good and all, but this looks like a team the Habs could have taken :(

Now we just have to hope for no injuries so Columbus will be 100% against whoever they play in the next round (especially if it’s against Toronto)

Part of me wonders what type of injuries are affecting Tampa Bay, because it's simply not normal. They're much, much better than this.

It's one thing if they didn't live up to their regular season play, I can see it. Playoff hockey is different.

But this isn't normal. They show some flashes, but it's not the same team at all. It's absolutely puzzling.
They’ve lost 90% of boards / corner battles because CBJ has dictated that style of play and has completely clogged neural zone with bigger + talented CBJ players taking away regular season dipsy doodling. With all of the above Vasilevsky doesn’t have the margin for error he had during the regular season....

Isles have employed same strategy vs Pens. Maybe pure speed + skill without grit isn’t the be all & end all to playoff victory.

Around the League - Playoffs 2019

I know Columbus is good and all, but this looks like a team the Habs could have taken :(

Now we just have to hope for no injuries so Columbus will be 100% against whoever they play in the next round (especially if it’s against Toronto)
CBJ did it to the Habs in that ever important head-to-head, Habs dominated 1st period with speed, CBJ came back in the 2nd and clogged up the neutral zone forcing the game to be played along boards / in corners which was a huge deficiency for Habs vs a team with size + talent like CBJ

If you recall Habs responded in the same way...frustration - by the 3rd all Domi wanted to do extract revenge

Last edited:

I mentioned this on a couple of occasions over the season with regards to TB in that the dcorp is really the aspect that could be exploited, but I thought it would be an issue in the later rounds.

Its not an overly mobile and quick dcorp mcdonagh, Girardi, Cernak, Coburn not really guys that move quickly.

If the offensive prowess that TB has had all season is MIA and they have to defend more that’s trouble

Last edited:

Columbus is a much tougher challenge right now as we speak for Toronto if they advance like I suspect they will.

Boston is counting on one line to score and Tornto has figured out how to shut the Bergeron line down.

Columbus throws out three pretty food offensive lines and a solid fourth line.

I mentioned this on a couple of occasions over the season with regards to TB in that the dcorp is really the aspect that could be exploited, but I thought it would be an issue in the later rounds.

Its not an overly mobile and quick dcorp mcdonagh, Girardi, Cernak, Coburn not really guys that move quickly
Very true but to this point Stamkos has 1G, Point, Kucherov, TJ, and their one so called power forward (Killorn) have 0

Very true but to this point Stamkos has 1G, Point, Kucherov, TJ, and their one so called power forward (Killorn) have 0

Spending less time in the offensive zone means they need to defend more and that is what may be ailing Tb, especially with Hedman injured

Spending less time in the offensive zone means they need to defend more and that is what may be ailing Tb, especially with Hedman injured
Let’s see if this comeback turns the series tide...

And CBJ comes right back...ouch!

I find it amazing no one has yet to mention Vasilevsky being thoroughly outplayed by Bobrovsky.....u know who would’ve been ripped to shreds.

Vasilevskiy is garbage tonight, I wanted Domingue in after the 3rd goal.

CBJ did it to the Habs in that ever important head-to-head, Habs dominated 1st period with speed, CBJ came back in the 2nd and clogged up the neutral zone forcing the game to be played along boards / in corners which was a huge deficiency for Habs vs a team with size + talent like CBJ

If you recall Habs responded in the same way...frustration - by the 3rd all Domi wanted to do extract revenge

Shouldn’t a good coach be able to make adjustments to counter this tactical move by Columbus ?

In the playoffs i mean.

Shouldn’t a good coach be able to make adjustments to counter this tactical move by Columbus ?

In the playoffs i mean.
When you’re assets are only suited to playing one kind of game its impossible to do so. Stamkos, Kucherov, TJ, Point can’t play piss & vinegar hockey not in their DNA - albeit Point has a little of Gallagher in him

Series ovah! Sweep

Also is it just me, or puling the goalie with 2 minutes to play in a playoff game feels like suicide ?

Edit : When down only one goal.

Last edited:
Back