• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

The Islanders have signed Brock Nelson to a six-year, $36 million deal... $6M AAV.

The Islanders have signed Brock Nelson to a six-year, $36 million deal... $6M AAV.

Nice. Way to go, Lou. Overpaying players as they're about to exit their primes like Andrew Ladd never backfires ever.

:)

Bruins win game 1. They have not even been challenged since round 1. Aren't there any other good teams in the NHL? They are dominating teams like the Habs of the 70s, and even Cherry's Bruins were able to offer a little challenge to that crowd once in awhile.

I was hoping for some interesting hockey to watch. Not getting it.

Hope it doesn't turn out the 1970 Blues came closer to beating the Bruins. I picked the Bruins to win the Cup in October, and have pretty much clinched a couple of pre-playoff pools I entered even if the Bruins don't score another goal.But I am not pleased here at all.

And I elected to not put money in the pools. Stupid,stupid me. I can't even profit from these unfortunate events.

Last edited:

The Blues probably blew their chance to steal a game in Boston last night. Too bad.

Bruins win game 1. They have not even been challenged since round 1. Aren't there any other good teams in the NHL? They are dominating teams like the Habs of the 70s, and even Cherry's Bruins were able to offer a little challenge to that crowd once in awhile.

I was hoping for some interesting hockey to watch. Not getting it.

Bruins picked it up as of game 6 in round one and haven't looked back.

They really did not look anything like this in the first five games of round one.

Back