• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs Caps, Game Three, 7:00pm Eastern, FSC/CNBC

Brown is fine. He's a competent grinder who can play the system and not a guy who gets pushed around. Anything deeper than that and they're into experimentation mode. That might be fine if you're down 0-3, but at 1-2 they're right there in this thing.

Well, the Canes took him off the top line after they acquired Nino after Ferland balked at a new contract. While I was among the loudest complaining about that at the time, turns out the staff knew what they were doing. The Canes played their best hockey of the season from that point on and Ferland became more and more of a support player. They still badly need his physicality and goals are never a bad thing, but the club and the player combined to make him less of an important piece moving forward.

That said ... it's go time and you want your guys to buy in 100%. It would seem that Ferland has been less than fully committed in recent months.

The rumor I heard was that the Canes became disillusioned with Ferland when he pulled himself on a road game out west with no clear reason. Now, there was a game in EDM when he he did take the warm up and was a late scratch back in January. That game was just after the Canes acquired Niedereitter. On the other hand, it was about that time Ferland was working his way back from concussion.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get streaming of game through any app work in the UK? I've tried VPN and more but apps seem to be blocking anyway

I found logicstream. Watch all games live for $25 a month. Watch all sports games live here.

What's messed up is I called NHL.tv and they sell games outside of the country for $10 a game. They suppose you have to have cable or satellite. The lady on the phone was upset the day before because she was a Pittsburgh fan and found out it was outside the us. I said, Oh well, I guess I'll just hack it then. She laughed and said, okay!

I haven't really watched any playoff hockey since 2011 so I have a fresh set of eyes. I have NEVER seen so much spearing in the NHL. Yea, the dirty players that everybody hated would do it, but not the entire team. Weird. I hope Bettman saw it up close and personal while at the game.

As far as the Svechnikov fight, yea Ovechkin lost his composure and did go too far. With one hand on the jersey and the other throwing another punch, then letting his head bang the ice. Once again, this is the mindset, take someone out by any means. I think the spearing adds to a mindset which breeds more escalation to other dirty plays. Hell, some of the fights have them hitting the refs, breaking up the fight, in the face. Wow.

Orpik is garbage,even worse than before, as is Oshie. Time to line one of them up, maybe Backstrom, with a Carolina team body check crunch. Someone is going down.

Bottom line is NHL has gone back to stick and elbow trash, even worse the before the 2005 lockout. Ugly and dangerous. Can't get rid of fighting when someone is intentionally trying to injure you. Fighting will come back.

How often does Bettman sit down with the peasants at games? I don't recall seeing that.

He only does it during the playoffs, and even then fairly rarely. I remember him being down with the great unwashed last spring .... pretty sure it was in Nashville.

Good for him. That's probably a much more realistic perspective than always rubbing elbows with the owners in their box.

Back