Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Playoffs GDT #3: April 15, 2019, 7:00pm - Bring it Home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Playoffs GDT #3: April 15, 2019, 7:00pm - Bring it Home

Nylander is more effective at center IMO. Maybe move Kadri to Matthews or JTs wing?
    #Auston316

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see Papi put up a deuce - that might spark a fire. Good job by our top guys tonight.
    "I divide the world into learners and non-learners. There are people who learn, who are open to what happens around them, who listen, who hear the lessons. When they do something stupid, they don't do it again. And when they do something that works a little bit, they do it even better and harder the next time. The question to ask is not whether you are a success or a failure, but whether you are a learner or a non-learner." - Benjamin Barber

Post Thanks / Like

If Matthews and JT are both going, Boston has no chance

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WellPlayed View Post
    I'm not angry. To be a good passer you have to have vision. Every player in the NHL can make a technically beautiful saucer pass.

Anyway whatever. Yes he can make beautiful technically perfect saucer passes along with every other player in the NHL. ****ing fantastic passer.

Terrible vision though. If only he had that he could use his great passing to make a great pass once in a while.
    Hahahahahahaha is this guy for real? Does he actually think that everyone in the NHL is an equivalent passer? Zaitsev and polak are as good as rielly at passing? Really? Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha it has nothing to do with vision pal. They can't make a pass to a player in stride. Easily the most basic concept ever. I'm shocked that this is being argued, I thought I you were one of the brighter ones. If this is a troll, bravo. You got me.

Anyway great game. Time to put them the **** away as much as possible. Win next game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IsItTooLateNowToSaySorry? View Post
    Hahahahahahaha is this guy for real? Does he actually think that everyone in the NHL is an equivalent passer? Zaitsev and polak are as good as rielly at passing? Really? Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha it has nothing to do with vision pal. They can't make a pass to a player in stride. Easily the most basic concept ever. I'm shocked that this is being argued, I thought I you were one of the brighter ones. If this is a troll, bravo. You got me.

Anyway great game. Time to put them the **** away as much as possible. Win next game.
    I was pretty clearly exaggerating in the post to get my point across about how dumb your response was in the first place. Thought I made that clear when I joked in my next post "Zaitsev is an actual bad passer"

Ok let me break it down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WellPlayed View Post
    I remember kapanen being a better passer. He's not even taking a look right now. Bad angle wristers from everywhere.
    I literally wrote in this post he's not taking a look right now. That's vision. I'm talking about him as a "passer" as in his ability to see opportunities for (vision) and then complete quality passes ("passing" by your definition). It's ****ing obvious that when I say passer this is what I mean...since I go the extra step of actually spelling it out by saying he's not taking a look.

Then you come in dropping condescending hockey wisdom as always.

He's an alright passer. He's just got no vision.
    Vision and passing are different things.
    So because you're generally a bit of an ******* on here, but usually not an idiot, I just assume you're being an ******* and respond in kind.

Guess I was wrong.

Next time I'll say "Kappy is displaying poor vision. This seems to be limiting his ability to identify potential passes. If he could only identify these potential passes, he would surely then be able to use his solid passing skills to take advantage." So that you can follow along.
    Last edited by WellPlayed; 04-15-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Calm down. You're allowed to be wrong sometimes too. it's okay.

Leafs won woohoo!

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching. Huge sigh of relief.

Super proud of the boys. Everyone played hungry and tough.

Bruins surprisingly decided not to keep being thugs. Weird, but I’ll take it.

I’ll also take a Game 3 win to feel what it’s like to have a chokehold on these ****s for once.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leafman101 View Post
    When you play the same teams every game things about the team become more apparent.

The impact the Tavares and Muzzin additions have is crazy. They add another dominant line/d pair. The Leafs best players have outplayed the Bruins best players so far, and a big reason for that is we have more of them (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin, Andersen vs. Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Krejci, McAvoy, Rask)
    Nylander hasnt been one of the top players.
    Leafs are playing well, and Anderson is the backbone of this team.
    Zaitsev has been not bad, not bad at all. Could be the leafs orpick

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned a few weeks back, taking kadri off the powerplay would probably help the leafs.
    I still love kadri, but I would put kadri back at center for the next round and put willy on kadris wing.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

We are seeing zaitsev of 2 seasons ago.
    Muzzin, zaitsev, reilly and to a point dermot, have played really well.
    I am predicting a huge game from the Matthew's line next game .... kapanan is going to break through.

Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only one annoyed with Matthews floating on that Krejci goal? No reason he couldnt have moved to the front of the net. He was a spectator on that goal.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415