• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs GDT #5: April 19, 2019, 7:00pm - Time to Shift into 5th

Completely unbiased Brian Burke who could have no possible reason that anyone could think of to dislike the Leafs and definitely has "no dog in this fight" thinks it was goalie interference.

Let's ask Ron Wilson and Randy Carlyle just to be sure.

So this Auston Matthews kid

Name him Captain now, or wait until the summer?

Ate Bergeron's lunch tonight. Goals in 3 straight. Generally pimping.

Mike Zeisberger @Zeisberger
1h
Babcock on Matthews: "I'm proud of him. He should feel good about himself." Said it was best 200-foot playoff game he's ever played. #leafs #bruins.

this might not even be hyperbole.

good.

american commentators are more honest about the leafs than our "leafs homer" broadcasters.

good.

american commentators are more honest about the leafs than our "leafs homer" broadcasters.

Yeah, I watched the NBC broadcast and it was gloriously neutral. Which is a massive breath of fresh air for a Leaf fan to hear.

CBC jumping through hoops to explain why Gaudreau's should have counted, and Matthews' shouldn't have.

lol.

the only reason the gaudreau goal went in is because the player entered the crease and the goalie was pushed out of the way.

Ron is on this conspiaracy theory tbinkig Grubbauer orcestrated the whole thing. Hrudey is the only person with any shred of credibility

And they won't mention the Boston goal is offside.

It has not been mentioned once. With the missed call clearly black and white. You can argue goalie interference stuff all ****ing day, it's almost all grey area shit. I can buy the argument that the contact was minor and Hyman as never in, or even really close to the blue paint. I don't even know if I agree with it (but then again, it's not like we have a nice, consistent calling of the rule in the past...this isn't remotely out of step with past calls around the league), but I see the logic behind calling it that way (given that the call on the ice was good goal). But the icing is black and white, with clear video evidence showing that it was offside.

But CBC is going to beat this to death, comparing it wrongfully to a clear goalie interference that the league clearly got right and finding it as a worse infraction than the Calgary goal? Clown.Shoes.

Back