• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Caps, Game 5 4/20, 8:00 NBC

Hamilton is getting absolutely roasted for his play last night on the NBC pregame for the Vegas game. JR and Anson Carter lit him up as a guy that was scared to go into the corner and take a hit to make a play. In the playoffs, there is no excuse for that type of play. In slow motion that play was embarrassing...he clearly so Ovechkin coming and quit on the play. For those wondering why Brindy seems to favor Faulk over Hamilton in some situations, I think that one play shows why.

My take ... Hamilton royally boofed up that play. Not even sure what the heck he was thinking. That said, calling a guy a coward is a pretty big statement and it’s getting tossed around a LOT today. That’s just not something I’m comfortable with having watched Dougie play.

I think Hamilton thought it was icing. It clearly wasn’t, and he appeared to be staring at the linesman on the other side of the ice who was clearly giving the “washout” signal.

It was far from just Dougie letting up...you could almost tell from the get go that no one was that engaged physically, they did not finish their checks most of the night, it was evident in the first period that this was a game that the Canes just were not all that interested in playing in the same vein as games 3 and 4.

Back