• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs GDT #6: April 21, 2019, 3:00pm - Time to Say Goodbye

Let's not forget how this all started. The 3rd line scored a goal and instead of trying to shove the Matthew's or Tavares lines down a shaky looking Boston teams throat, the supreme leader sent his 4th line out which took a stupid penalty, he then sent his crack penalty killing unit out there which immediately gave up a goal.

Systems and deployment were huge today

Too little, too late. The game is 60 minutes long, not 20.

Nylander is a waste of money. Marleau belongs in a retirement home. Mathews needs to play more.

Flip a coin to see which team shows up on Tuesday.

Let's not forget how this all started. The 3rd line scored a goal and instead of trying to shove the Matthew's or Tavares lines down a shaky looking Boston teams throat, the supreme leader sent his 4th line out which took a stupid penalty, he then sent his crack penalty killing unit out there which immediately gave up a goal.

Systems and deployment were huge today

Babcock lost the deployment battle, line matching, special teams and goalie pull all at home of an elimination game. Team also sucked as well not just on Babcock

Babcock lost the deployment battle, line matching, special teams and goalie pull all at home of an elimination game. Team also sucked as well not just on Babcock

Team looked fine until the PK collapsed. Dont get me wrong, you've gotta be able to respond to that kind of adversity, but the best way is to simply be in it less often.

Siegel: No shots on goal in Games 5 or 6 for Mitch Marner and only one in Game 4.

Averaged almost three per game in the regular season and had 13 in Games 1-3.

I thought Nylander was bad
I thought i saw Marleau all the time
I dont understand scoring a goal to get momentum and when it stands to reason th opposition is going to work extra hard to get a goal back, sending out your worst forwards

Nylander had a couple of good plays in the 1st I thought, then again the whole team was clicking. Until the Boston PP goal. Then for whatever reason they stop skating for the next 40 minutes. Freddie has been the most consistent player in this series. Just some unreal saves.

Tuesday will be the ultimate test to date of the mental fortitude of this team. Gonna be tough to slay the demon.

I’m not usually Chicken Little, but I have to admit, this felt like a massive loss tonight.

I’ll be watching on the edge of my seat and cheering, but I don’t really have a shred of hope we’ll win a game seven in Boston this time around.

It’s not even like Boston’s that great. I think we’ve got the better players both up front and on defense. They just seem like the rock to our scissors. Just perfectly suited to beat us, then lose in the second round.

Back