• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs GDT #7: April 23, 2019, 7:00pm - Once More Into the Fray

Patty needs his reps on that second unit. Should be hitting his stride any game now.

One of the stupidest things Babcock said and did all year was the unflinching loyalty to Marleau and his insistence that Marleau was just waiting for the playoffs to actually look like a NHL level player again. It took Babcock 6 games, 2 period, and about 13 minutes into the playoffs to move Marleau to the 4th line.

I don't even know what to say. I'm honestly pretty numb.

I knew deep down we'd lose because that's all I've ever known, but I was hoping they'd surprise and finally defeat them. Didn't even come as close to it as we did in previous years. Absolutely heartbroken and questioning why I've spent so ****ing much time in my life following a team that hasn't been able to do anything since I was 25 and all optimistic about Sundin's chances to win a Cup.

I could tolerate losing to a different team, but the fact that it's these shits again, it's just nauseating. I'm sickened. We just suck shit and that's the way it ****ing is. Tavares as much as I love him couldn't get us over the hump. Muzzin was a good add as it turns out and that didn't do anything either. A few washed up passengers and superstars that can't dominate when we need them to, and that's the end of the ****ing season.

I seriously don't know that I can stomach to hear another word about the Leafs for a while. This is the ****ing worst, and starting tomorrow I'll have to hear about it from every ****ing ******* who was sitting back and licking their chops praying for this result. **** everyone.

Ya the worst part of it is that your dumbass neighbour, uncle, coworker, whatever now thinks they were right and gets to say I told you so. And whatever, I mean, maybe they were right all along. Although usually the wrong reasoning. I'll gladly tip my hat to the Vito from Woodbridge who predicted coaching and goaltending would sewer us. They got Gardiner right, atleast.

One of the stupidest things Babcock said and did all year was the unflinching loyalty to Marleau and his insistence that Marleau was just waiting for the playoffs to actually look like a NHL level player again. It took Babcock 6 games, 2 period, and about 13 minutes into the playoffs to move Marleau to the 4th line.

And about the same amount of time to try a different PP setup.

This guy is a dinosaur. He had success as a young coach and it's created a monster.

I don't think I can stomach another year with him behind the bench. Looking at our overrated ginger **** choke-artist goalie will be tough enough.

And about the same amount of time to try a different PP setup.

This guy is a dinosaur. He had success as a young coach and it's created a monster.

I don't think I can stomach another year with him behind the bench. Looking at our overrated ginger **** choke-artist goalie will be tough enough.

Yeah, I was sitting there watching that and thinking to myself...well ****, it would have been nice if we had given this a real look during the regular season seeing that the PP had that nice 2 month run of absolute futility and all. That would have been an ideal time to try new things...like maybe taking the kid with the fastest release in the league and putting him in the....mid slot....instead of forcing struggling Kadri to ****ing struggle there all year, and forcing the box to collapse to him and not challenge the puck on the sideboards, which appeared to be the adjustment the league made about a month into the season.

I don't even know what to say. I'm honestly pretty numb.

I knew deep down we'd lose because that's all I've ever known, but I was hoping they'd surprise and finally defeat them. Didn't even come as close to it as we did in previous years. Absolutely heartbroken and questioning why I've spent so ****ing much time in my life following a team that hasn't been able to do anything since I was 25 and all optimistic about Sundin's chances to win a Cup.

I could tolerate losing to a different team, but the fact that it's these shits again, it's just nauseating. I'm sickened. We just suck shit and that's the way it ****ing is. Tavares as much as I love him couldn't get us over the hump. Muzzin was a good add as it turns out and that didn't do anything either. A few washed up passengers and superstars that can't dominate when we need them to, and that's the end of the ****ing season.

I seriously don't know that I can stomach to hear another word about the Leafs for a while. This is the ****ing worst, and starting tomorrow I'll have to hear about it from every ****ing ******* who was sitting back and licking their chops praying for this result. **** everyone.

The issue with JT is he fixed no flaws come playoff time . No grit and truculence and he doesn’t fix the D .

My problem is he didn’t even shine offensively to produce at his regular season self .

He was suppose to make your offensive strength even more potent

Welp, can' say that I'm surprised by the outcome. I guess I was just mentally prepared for another letdown after the abysmal display of game 6.

Game 6 was an embarrassment and game 7 was just more of the same old failures. What it comes down to for me, we need better defenceman, plain and simple. This has been known for over two years now. I'm sure its easier said than fixed but Dubas needs to get it done if this team is to get any better.

Last edited:
that first goal made me think of the Lalime days.

just an absolute shit way to go out.

all came unraveled at the end after a really great series.

****ing Bruins.

Watched the game late night. Still dealing with the emotions of possibly losing a Stanley Cup given who is left in the playoffs.

I've read this thread so no need to pile on Babcock, Kadri, Jake etc.

No one is mentioning Mitch Marner though. He was a superstar who was going to demand $12 mill a year. Then he struggled as game went on in the series.

How many times did Caps lost to Pens before they finally got it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still ****ing pissed this morning. Tavares and Marleau get to watch their former teams advance, our coach is a ****ing idiot.

Back