• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

Virtanen would intriguing. The potential is there but he didnt live up to the hype from his draft year

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

There's no potential in virtanen. He's a 4th liner. But for Zaitsev it's a no brainer for me. Big time cap dump there.

Sounds like the canucks went with Tanev first and Dubas probably asked for Virtanen with the idea that he has something in place for Brown and could use Virtanen as a third line RW.

I prefer Virtanent because thats $3 mill in cap space now, $3.9 if you send him to the AHL. Not sure that he makes the team over the Russians and Bracco though.

I say give him a chance and see if there is anything there

At that price there is no harm giving him 4th line duty
7ba363881f631ef06ab858c39958ec88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I suspected this all along, but Simmons claims Marleau does not want out. Leafs told him they want to move him. They leaked that story to make him look better. I think they also wanted Zaitsev gone.

I want neither of them.
See if Vancouver will do a draft choice .... a 3rd, and if zaitsev plays more than 50 games and 15 points, it becomes a second. If he plays in 70 games and gets 35 points, it becomes a first.

Just a thought.

I want neither of them.
See if Vancouver will do a draft choice .... a 3rd, and if zaitsev plays more than 50 games and 15 points, it becomes a second. If he plays in 70 games and gets 35 points, it becomes a first.

Just a thought.

Not a very good thought

It's funny. Zaitsev was a "free wallet" that several teams were vying for. You'd thank that any one of those teams would jump to simply take him for free. But now that he's attached to a contract, he seemingly has negative value?

It's funny. Zaitsev was a "free wallet" that several teams were vying for. You'd thank that any one of those teams would jump to simply take him for free. But now that he's attached to a contract, he seemingly has negative value?

Doesn't seem that funny to me, a bad contact lowers value.

Still don't see this as a bad contract, just a player that needs a fresh start. The term is the sticking point I guess, but $4.5 is right in the ballpark for a 2nd pairing d-man.

Back