• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

Still don't see this as a bad contract, just a player that needs a fresh start. The term is the sticking point I guess, but $4.5 is right in the ballpark for a 2nd pairing d-man.

Problem is on a competing team he is not a second pairing dman

He is best suited for third pairing and PK time. His maximum value should be around 2.5-2.75 per on a 2-3 year deal

I suspected this all along, but Simmons claims Marleau does not want out. Leafs told him they want to move him. They leaked that story to make him look better. I think they also wanted Zaitsev gone.

I think Simmons has proven himself to be a pretty unreliable source at this point.

Sounds like the ducks may be buying out Perry.

Have not watched him much but he did put up ~50pts 2 years ago and everyone on the ducks was awful last season.

Worth a punt on a 1-2 year ~2M deal?

Perry is automatic top line winger under Babs. Have to avoid those types at all costs

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Perry is automatic top line winger under Babs. Have to avoid those types at all costs

And it sucks so bad we have to think this way and our GM is always trying to take guys like that away from him.

He's a man, a gudpro who comes to work every day and plays a heavy game

you can script the presser comments already

no ****ing thank you

I think you could be 100% sure that, if we're down by one goal at the end of a playoff elimination game, Perry would be on the ice for Babcock.

Even if he's coming off an awful season, doesn't have a single point in the series and has been getting filled-in at five-on-five.

So yeah, as other have said, no thanks.

I don’t think I’d be interested in Perry regardless, but a competitive team should really be able to take advantage of vets on cheap 1 year deals hoping for a chance at a cup and have faith the coach is going to use them appropriately. I suppose to some extent it’s an issue a lot of NHL fans have with their coach but I think with another coach I’d be more open to bringing say, Hainsey back on a discount deal.

I don’t think I’d be interested in Perry regardless, but a competitive team should really be able to take advantage of vets on cheap 1 year deals hoping for a chance at a cup and have faith the coach is going to use them appropriately. I suppose to some extent it’s an issue a lot of NHL fans have with their coach but I think with another coach I’d be more open to bringing say, Hainsey back on a discount deal.
If our coach was anyone but Babcock, I'd love to have Hainsey back.

Back