• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Adam Fox to the Rangers

Re: 2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Rangers's own second is 37th overall, which will pair nicely with our 36th overall from the Skinner trade.

Three second-round picks (including our own) is also powerful wampum amongst GM's if we care to spend one or two of those.

So, Hanafin and Lindholm for Ferland, Hamilton, and a 2nd and a 2nd or 3rd. That's not awful. Wish we could've gotten more mileage from Ferland.

Will Fox suddenly have a change of heart about returning to college? To answer my own question, Yes. It is being reported that he is close to signing a deal with the Rangers. I'm sure he'll get a warm reception from the PNC faithful for being such an honest and open young man.

Last edited:

OK ... not bad, all things considered. Now that we actually make trades and stuff, maybe we can even look at parlaying those nice 2nd rounders into something more NHL-ready.

And yeah ... you'd have liked to have gotten a couple of years out of Ferland if the Fox kid wasn't going to sign. But that horse may not be completely out of the barn, since Ferland has played his way out of a bunch of money this spring. Depending on whether Carolina even wants to bother with it, of course. I'm not at all certain one way or the other. I think a lot of people have written Ferland off based on body language and other clues that may or may not reflect the team's actual position on the guy. He's still dead useful when healthy.

And the answer the above question on Fox ... I don't think so. Not unless the Rangers promise him an NHL slot with no conditions, and honestly that would be stupid.

Rangers's own second is 37th overall, which will pair nicely with our 36th overall from the Skinner trade.

Three second-round picks (including our own) is also powerful wampum amongst GM's if we care to spend one or two of those.

Fox was just the second coming of Jimmy Vesey afterall, it was the Rangers or bust for that spoiled little entitled twit. I agree Elsker, the Rangers second rounder is almost like getting a late first rounder from a better team, so the return is not really that bad when you think about the fact the Canes had next to no bargaining power. I'd love to see Fox sign and then play the 30 and see that extra second rounder kick in to boot!

The Canes with a first and three seconds is great bargaining power on the draft floor.

Fox was just the second coming of Jimmy Vesey afterall, it was the Rangers or bust for that spoiled little entitled twit. I agree Elsker, the Rangers second rounder is almost like getting a late first rounder from a better team, so the return is not really that bad when you think about the fact the Canes had next to no bargaining power. I'd love to see Fox sign and then play the 30 and see that extra second rounder kick in to boot!

The Canes with a first and three seconds is great bargaining power on the draft floor.

Or we can draft more defenseman. =D

I'm guessing the condition on the conditional pick is that he actually signs with the Rangers. I'm fine with this.

I think that now gives the Hurricanes 3 drafts picks in the 2nd round in 2019-- ours, the Skinner trade and this one from the Rangers.

Oh, go figure, the Rangers eh? You LYING PIECE OF SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good riddance!

Sorry Harvard, he was lying to you as well about coming back for his Senior year....give it a little bit....

I'm guessing the condition on the conditional pick is that he actually signs with the Rangers. I'm fine with this.

It’s if he plays 30 games next season the conditional 3rd in 2020 becomes a 2nd.

That is a pretty amazing return for the Canes considering he was never going to sign here. We are going to end up with the 31st, 36th (Buffalo) and 37th (Rangers) overall picks in the 2019 draft.

Last edited:
Even better.

As far as three 2nd round picks in this year's draft go... maybe that should be where we go for that goaltender that we've never been able to properly develop.

Spencer Knight is still projected to be the only goalie to maybe go in the first round. He's been projected to go as high as #17 and as low as #35 overall, which would put him within Waddell's reach a few times.

Other names to consider would be Dustin Wolf, Hunter Jones, Mads Sogaard, Trent Miner, Isaiah Seville, and Pyotr Kochetkov.

That is a pretty amazing return for the Canes considering he was never going to sign here. We are going to end up with the 31st, 36th (Buffalo) and 37th (Rangers) overall picks in the 2019 draft.

ab8c229496701a3c93896c03d0a251dc00d0428b5e74c8f1da2d40985648dca6.jpg

I agree. That is a great return for what was essentially a dead asset for the Canes.

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been great to see the Canes trade Ferland at the deadline for at least another 2nd (possibly 1st round pick this year). Oh well. Still, great return for Fox.

Back