• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs Bruins, Game 3, 5/14, 8:00 pm Eastern

Bottom line for me is that they are a better team than I had anticipated. Yes, I know it's the eastern conference finals but they are very solid thru all four lines and their passing (forward to forward) is some of the best I've seen this year. Couple that with Rask and they are just darn tuff. Granted last night was the first night we've shown up but this series is a tall order

It took Boston a little while to find their playoff footing, but once they dug into that Toronto series, they've been darned near their best. That Columbus team they dismantled wasn't exactly chopped liver, after all. And this Boston team playing at or near their best is VERY good indeed. They ripped off a couple of runs like this in the regular season too, so this really shouldn't be that surprising to anyone.

Aho and Nino followed up their phenomenal regular seasons by all but disappearing in the playoffs. That has to have been noticed.

I still think these people who are convinced that Aho will get $10m are crazy. He wont get anywhere near that. He will be lucky to get $7m per.

Aho and Nino followed up their phenomenal regular seasons by all but disappearing in the playoffs. That has to have been noticed.

I still think these people who are convinced that Aho will get $10m are crazy. He wont get anywhere near that. He will be lucky to get $7m per.

The playoffs are more than the Bruins series. Aho leads the team with 12 points and is tied for 2nd in goals with 5. He was never going to get $10 million and he’s going to get more than $7 million. Why? Because he’s worth it.

We're getting ahead of ourselves, probably because of frustration. But since his injuries, even though he has still been a positive contributor, Aho has not been able to play his game and drive the play. After all is said and done, all things considered I am sure the script on him will be one of wonder because don't fool yourself, he has not been near 100% since that injury. Its a team game, and it just shows how important he is to this club.
Regarding Niederreiter, just don't know what to say. Streaky or not, there's just something about his game that annoys me. Is it because he seems to fall down immediately when the opposition looks at him crooked, idk. He did take a lot though, so lets not kid ourselves. Without him taking a beating I doubt we had gotten this far.

Honestly I think we do much better against the B's with Aho at 100%

If anything I feel for Aho.

If this club can manage to get a couple of big bangers up front, one preferably a 3rd line center with size and skill and a winger... and somebody who moves houses on the backend but not a defensive liability either, mobile too...
For a team that wants to win, has had some luck here now with draft (Svech) and now the playoffs... I would look and EXPECT Dundon to invest in improving the club in the offseason. Its not a criticism but they need to improve from this. Listen much more optimistic this season then I was at any time in the last NINE.

Every draft we think big, every trade deadline we think big... last season we had some big changes with Lindholm, Skinner and Hanifin being shipped out. The return was and maybe is still questionable. (we got hosed in that deal...)
Can we at least improve this offseason and not make a deal like that again? I'd like to see this team parlay some of its picks and existing depth on defense to address some of its needs. Easier said than done? For 9 seasons it was apparently (to fix what needed fixing). This season, we more than surpassed expectations (albeit the bar was pretty low, just make the dance fps)

Its up to Dundon et all to build on this. Make the playoffs as a higher seed, with more experience and maybe a little better makeup of pieces driving the whole thing.

Make no mistake though, we build around our core.

I suspect JW retires after this season, or maybe he plays one more. Dude has looked a bit gassed

And that is another reality. We are relying on a guy like JW to provide big time prime minutes. I will never ever question the man's heart. But I think he should be on a 3rd line while still providing all the invaluable tangibles he does. Sure, during clutch situations you can flip him on a line. But otherwise... replace him with a young big body with wheels who wants to prove himself.

Aho and Nino were both dinged up late in the regular season push, that much is fact. Not an excuse, these guys have soldiered through nicely despite being dinged up.

Aho will deservedly get the max 8 year contract and I still think it's going to sit somewhere between $8 and $9 million per.

Meh ... I'd say that turning up your nose and saying a guy who has given you 5 goals and 7 assists through 14 playoff games while playing through multiple physical issues "invisible" is more crazy.

Nah, I still stand by my opinion. You wanna make a guy your key player with the biggest contract in franchise history, he better be a game changer. Regular and post season. That's not Aho. And thats why he won't get a Toronto type contract.

Aho should get a deal similar to Nylander....around $7M per year and I am good with that. Ideally I think Aho is a great 1B option. He would be a great second banana if the Canes could get a true superstar type player. That guy might be Svechnikov within the next 2 years.

Aho should get a deal similar to Nylander....around $7M per year and I am good with that. Ideally I think Aho is a great 1B option. He would be a great second banana if the Canes could get a true superstar type player. That guy might be Svechnikov within the next 2 years.

Aho's getting a lot more than Nylander and for good reason, as much as the Canes budget would love Aho signed a $7 million per, that's just not happening in my opinion. He's going to come in somewhere between $8 and $9 million...and I think that's fair market value.

I think he will be lucky to get 7. I guess we will wait and see. He's not a 8-9m guy. Yet.

If I was Aho and my agent only got me $7 million moving forward I would fire the guy. I just see Aho a slot above the Nylander and Nik Ehler types...

And I still firmly am in the camp that Aho played through a knee injury ever since the Nino collision in the regular season for what it's worth and still somehow managed to lead his team in playoff scoring.

Nah, I still stand by my opinion. You wanna make a guy your key player with the biggest contract in franchise history, he better be a game changer. Regular and post season. That's not Aho. And thats why he won't get a Toronto type contract.

And I'll stand by my opinion that you're dead freaking wrong and holding a still developing player to a ridiculously unrealistic and probably unattainable standard.

They moved Aho from W to C and he more than held how own. He’s going to get paid and he should. He was solid in the playoffs despite other teams being able to focus their D on him and despite playing through whatever issue he was dealing with. And he was solid both ways.

He’s going to continue to improve. If we add the missing pieces he’s going to get way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was Aho and my agent only got me $7 million moving forward I would fire the guy. I just see Aho a slot above the Nylander and Nik Ehler types...

And I still firmly am in the camp that Aho played through a knee injury ever since the Nino collision in the regular season for what it's worth and still somehow managed to lead his team in playoff scoring.

By your reasoning, Turbo should have fired his agent and he should be making 7m....and Aho 9m?

The Canes have a lot of contracts tovget worked out. They don't have unlimited cap space and budget to deal with. So, everyone is 100% content with Aho being our top dog for years to come?

That kid's got drive to go with the talent. Yeah. He's a tent peg player. He, Svech, Turbo and hopefully Necas are the offensive engine that you build around. I'm good with that.

Back