Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Canes vs Bruins, Game 3, 5/14, 8:00 pm Eastern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GDT: Canes vs Bruins, Game 3, 5/14, 8:00 pm Eastern

I like that Brindy is consistent but I think he has shown also good timing vs being a complete stubborn styled coach like Trotz, or clueless like Rierdon. I personally don't think Cassidy is all that great or nessarily better than Brindy, but I think on the overall he probably has access to some more experienced and proven hockey IQ in his top forward group than ours. Experience particularly. Not so much hockey IQ. Also, our depth, like it or not, is still questionable at best down the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

This is as hopeless as I've felt this entire postseason. Even down 0-2 to Washington, I felt like the Canes were the better team. I've yet to have that feeling in this series. I hope they prove me wrong tonight.

This off-season, something drastic needs to be done to fix the special teams. DRASTIC!

Post Thanks / Like

And the result is still an exciting forechecking fast paced team, with most of that done from the perimeter. I find as soon as we put the puck in the slot, that's where we usually turnover the puck and get nailed. Boston has certainly been all on us with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
    This is as hopeless as I've felt this entire postseason. Even down 0-2 to Washington, I felt like the Canes were the better team. I've yet to have that feeling in this series. I hope they prove me wrong tonight.

This off-season, something drastic needs to be done to fix the special teams. DRASTIC!
    They were pretty much the better team for the first two periods of game one. Since then? Boston not only tweaked but took it too us, dialed it up and have stolen all momentum. The Canes need to come out hard in their own barn. Play their game.

Post Thanks / Like

Brindy got badly outcoached in game 2. The Bruins made some nice adjustments. The Canes had no answer.

Let's just hope the PNC ice is better than the mashed potatoes they play on, in Boston.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think ya gotta start McElhenny just to shake it up. He may have the technical positioning and calming influence IF the Canes play the disciplined game that they need to. You'd like to see a conservative approach and start winning one shift at a time. I agree it's all house money at this point. I'm very proud of what the guys have done this year. But having said that, I'm hoping that none of that satisfaction exists within the lineup. And I've seen enough of this squad to feel pretty strongly that they will come out hungry. We will see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Our team has regularly bounced back from adversity, so I expect we'll do so tonight. The Bruins are scary good right now, but they're not unbeatable. Go out there and get the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamesNorthern View Post
    I like that Brindy is consistent but I think he has shown also good timing vs being a complete stubborn styled coach like Trotz, or clueless like Rierdon. I personally don't think Cassidy is all that great or nessarily better than Brindy, but I think on the overall he probably has access to some more experienced and proven hockey IQ in his top forward group than ours. Experience particularly. Not so much hockey IQ. Also, our depth, like it or not, is still questionable at best down the middle.
    I've never really been impressed by Cassidy as a tactician, but I'll tell ya what ... he's been sharp in this series so far and he made some nice adjustments in the Columbus series as well. Plus, I've always liked that he's not a guy who feels the need to tinker around when things are going well. He's definitely a coach who knows how to milk it when his team gets on a roll.

And yeah ... we're not great down the middle and two of our 4 centers are small ... mobile but small. Any coach who doesn't try to exploit that just isn't doing his job ... cough, cough .... Reirden.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of tickets available still for tonight, which is devastating the resale market. If you don't have tickets yet and want to go you can get some pretty darn good tickets for well below 3rd round of the playoffs prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    Lots of tickets available still for tonight, which is devastating the resale market. If you don't have tickets yet and want to go you can get some pretty darn good tickets for well below 3rd round of the playoffs prices.
    Yup. Picked up a couple upstairs for my son and his girlfriend this morning ... and I didn't even have a heart attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping this provides some needed mojo...EXACTLY ten years ago tonight...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 3rd period of Game One looked a lot worse than it actually was... the Canes had that one until they couldn't kill the penalties. Even then they were in decent shape until Mrazek was pulled and they allowed the empty netter almost instantly... and then the other one. Sunday was almost the opposite, with both goals coming when the Bruins got lazy after the score was well out of reach.

I'm hoping the Canes can right the ship at home... Don't care if they start Darling as long as they win.

Oh, and I had the NESN feed for the Walker goal... it was one of the few times it's been sweeter to hear it coming from them. "Guess who? Scott Walker... the villain... has broken Boston's hearts."

Post Thanks / Like

Saw stats earlier today. Mrazecks numbers are 2nd worst of all playoff goalies.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob McKenzie thinks everyone is jumping the gun saying the Canes are done. Talked about the Washington series. Being down 2-0 and 3-2. Talked about every team has a stinker here and there, but also largely felt the Canes had a really good first game, the first two periods. Thinks if they can stay out of the box and play their game, no reason why we can't bounce back. But yeah, this is a MUST win.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Mac in net.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... it's official.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams must have enjoyed the shit sandwich. He keeps taking huge mouthfuls. Idiot!

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

The power play is a thing of ________!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwind View Post
    The power play is a thing of ________!
    Polar's word. Definitely full of Polar's word.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd fire somebody during the 1st intermission. And put my 4th line on the ice for the rest of the PPs tonight.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast