• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Free Agent Season

How about we wait for Suzuki to actually achieve anything at the NHL level...

I'm curious about Suzuki. Prior to the OHL playoffs & Memorial Cup, I wasn't convinced about him. To me, he seems like the classic guy who looks really good against lower competition, but for whatever reason, it doesn't translate to the NHL. But the playoffs kind of changed my mind... a little. I still don't know if he's going to be an impactful NHLer, I'd still lean more towards no. But I do think there's a possibility he can make it as a top-6 forward, more likely a serviceable 3rd liner.

I have much, much more faith in Poehling, KK & Caufield than him.

I'm curious about Suzuki. Prior to the OHL playoffs & Memorial Cup, I wasn't convinced about him. To me, he seems like the classic guy who looks really good against lower competition, but for whatever reason, it doesn't translate to the NHL. But the playoffs kind of changed my mind... a little. I still don't know if he's going to be an impactful NHLer, I'd still lean more towards no. But I do think there's a possibility he can make it as a top-6 forward, more likely a serviceable 3rd liner.

I have much, much more faith in Poehling, KK & Caufield than him.

If he is just a 3rd liner, it still will be good. I figure the other three will be top 6 guys so if Ichiro is only 3rd line, I am good with it.

I would be too. Getting a good third liner isn't a bad thing at all, especially at a good price. I'm just not getting emballed into the hype some (not those posting here anyway) have for him.

Chiarot at 3.5 or Gardiner at 4M?

Jake wasn't signing here , I don't think he wanted any part of a Canadian media shit show .

He got the Franson treatment this summer , no one was paying him the 7x7 that some reporters thought he was getting .

Injury issue probably played a role but if he was that coveted he inks in the first week .

He gets more take home pay , a decent team, better climate , and can walk around town in peace .

I don't blame him either. I wonder what was our offer though.

I think he went for the jugular at first and teams balked and were offering 2-3 years to cover themselves with his injury concerns

When a month or so passed teams made their moves and or were still stuck figuring out what to do with the own RFA`s and couldn't bite .

I wasn't going a dime more than what he got , he can skate but is overrated .

Time was running out and he took what we could get .

I have customers who have season tix in Winnipeg who say Chariot is way underrated , lets find out .

I think he went for the jugular at first and teams balked and were offering 2-3 years to cover themselves with his injury concerns

When a month or so passed teams made their moves and or were still stuck figuring out what to do with the own RFA`s and couldn't bite .

I wasn't going a dime more than what he got , he can skate but is overrated .

Time was running out and he took what we could get .

I have customers who have season tix in Winnipeg who say Chariot is way underrated , lets find out .

because he was awful in game 7s he is probably underrated.

We have no idea how bad his back is but this is definitely the reason this guy didn’t get signed earlier and for more.

He’s 29 and if his bad back keeps being an issue his mobility and speed will decline fast.

His bad playoffs some say are a result of his back issue, you look at those goals vs the Bruins the last two playoffs where he flat out got beat he had all the trouble in the world pivoting or winning one on one battles

Seems like an odd team for Gardner. Don't they have four pretty good defencemen in Hamilton, Faulk, Slavin, Pesce, in addition to VanRiemsdyk, and recent first rounders Jake Bean, Haydn Fleury?

Back