• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Stanley Cup Finals Notes ... and the post season narrative takeaways

FWIW, the entirety of the Finals will end up stretching over 17 freaking days. I know there's building availability issues to account for, but that's a LOT.

Hard to maintain any buzz at all when days go by between games.

Heck, know we got swept, but the last Eastern Conference Final game was 27 days ago.

Yeah, it's been very NBA casual this post season. I do NOT approve.

Saw something hilarious on Twitter at lunch ... some wag named Boston's first line the Ratatouille Line. A Frenchman, a rat and pasta. Perfection.

Blues up 2 after 2... and had the best chance of the second Close it out Musical notes. and Drop one more team from the realms of the never won (the cup) club.

Good job Blues

Chowd tears must taste sweet!

Lots of salt in those Chowd tears, extra salty!

They say winning a Cup is the hardest sports championship to win and the biggest grind but the rewards are the best. The Blues are quite the Cinderella story, dead last in the standings in early January, fourth string goalie in training camp put in as the starter to save your season, interim coach behind the bench...enjoy the prize Blues, what a way to cap it off!

That was an enjoyable watch.

After about the tenth F'ing Eh during the Cup skate around Doc Emrick decides to let everyone know they turned the on ice microphones off...you would think by now the networks would understand that colorful, celebratory language is par for the course after every Cup win!

:lipsrsealed2:

I'm happy for the Blues, their fans, etc. It's a good story. But I'm almost as happy to see the Bruins fans meltdowns. What a classy bunch. I hope that city never makes it to another final in any sport.

I'm happy for the Blues, their fans, etc. It's a good story. But I'm almost as happy to see the Bruins fans meltdowns. What a classy bunch. I hope that city never makes it to another final in any sport.

That was a sad, sad performance. Like you, im reveling in it, but it was sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go one step further ... I don't give a crap about the Blue or their fans (except for the one friend of mine who is an actual Blues fan ... good on ya, Neil), and I'm absolutely thrilled to see Bruins fans in meltdown mode. Extra bonus points for that ratbag Marchand looking like somebody shot his dog and for Chara having to be gracious in a LOSING handshake line this time. Generally I feel a little bit of sympathy for the losers in a 7 game series ... not this freaking time. Suck it Boston. Now and forever.

As for the actual hockey ... maybe if Marchand had actually showed up to play he wouldn't have been so emotionally destroyed at the end. He sucked all series and turned into the kind of perimeter pansy that he likes to taunt. What up, my dude? Wanna pull up short on the wall and try another risky pass? Because that's all you did all series long. You didn't drive the net, you didn't win battles down low ... you floated around the edges like your average 150 pound Czech teenager in a Sunday pickup game. You left the heavy lifting to your line mates, and they just weren't up to it. And having their first line basically de-clawed was absolutely the root of Boston's issues in this series. And of course not being able to beat Binnington for long stretches ... but crap like that happens and he was only molten lava hot for maybe three or four extended stretches. There was still plenty of hockey to be played when he was mortal. Yeah, bad luck with the injuries on D too ... but honestly, if their first line plays half as well as they did in the first three series, then the Bs are the ones nursing a celebration hangover this morning.

Last edited:
Back