Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2019 NHL Draft Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2019 NHL Draft Thread

204. Kalle Loponen

Undersized defender who plays with the jam of a bigger man due to his core strength. Good skater with good hands who is skilled in both receiving pucks and passing them on at full speed.can spin away from forechecking pressure and use his strong wrists to quickly get the biscuit up ie in transition. Can make thread the needle to the long pass out. Know when to pinch on the attack, and will join rushes. Will walk the blue and get the puck to his forwards. Can place pucks over shot blockers and has a hard pass. Long term developmental guy.

—Bill Placzek—

Post Thanks / Like

Mapleleafhotstove has a good summary of various scouting notes for all our draftees.
    "In an infinite multiverse there is no such thing as fiction." -Scott Adsit, Star Talk Radio

Post Thanks / Like

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2019/...afs-pick-list/

From MLHS:

- Director of Amateur Scouting John Lilley said priorities were skilled players with good hockey sense

Dubas on Nick Robertson:

"We had Der-Arguchintsev playing there, so we got to see them a lot. I just think he is a very late birthdate for this draft — September 11, 2001 — and certainly his skill set is one thing but his intelligence on the ice is another. We just feel he has a chance. His commitment to hockey and his work ethic, and learning about how much he loves the game and is passionate for it, that’s an indication to us he is going to put everything he can into improving. He will be close by. In getting to know him over the combine and today so far, he seems like a guy who is going to be willing to put in all the work possible. Add that to his skill set and intelligence he already has, we are excited to work with him."

Lilley on Mike Koster:

Lilley: We were really happy. Michael had a great Ivan Hlinka in the summer. He went head-to-head with a lot of the top players against Canada and Europe. He had a good high-school season; maybe not as good as people thought he would and he slipped a bit, but again, a very smart player who moves the puck well. Highly skilled. Just the type of player we were looking for. We were very excited to get him where he was.

Lilley on Mikko Kokkonen:

Intelligent player. He played in the pro league and I think had 19 points as an 18-year-old playing in the elite league. Very smart. Good defender. Can still improve his footspeed, but like a lot of these kids, they all have work to do. Highly intelligent. Good stick. Good first pass.

Lilley on Mikhail Abramov:

Skilled. Very skilled. He had a good Ivan Hlinka this summer, a good year in Victoriaville. A good playmaker who works hard. He had a good year on a young team.

Lilley on Luponen:

Skilled. He played in the U18s. He played for the national team in several of the tournaments we attended. Ari Vuori, our European scout, really liked him in the late rounds there. He moves the puck well. He can skate. He is just another guy who is just going to get physically stronger. It’s probably his biggest hurdle right now.
    Last edited by hockeylover; 06-23-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems to sound like another Trevor Moore, but with moore offensive upside. : )

Post Thanks / Like

I just think he is a very late birthdate for this draft — September 11, 2001
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that for real?
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Don Cherry: "leafs draft is mind boggling to me"
    #FireBabcock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Don Cherry: "leafs draft is mind boggling to me"
    Mindzeye: "thank ****"
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Post Thanks / Like

Fenton on #mnwild draft: "The thing I liked is when guys came up to our table and they were way taller than me. We’ve had some smaller prospects, good hockey players, but every time somebody came up and they were much taller, you got a smile on a lot of our faces."

Sounds very familiar.

Also, someone get Dubas on the phone with Fenton re: Spurgeon.
    Last edited by hockeylover; 06-23-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

manny
    ‏ @mannyelk

(16/31) MTL: F

Avg. skater age: 19.27
    Total value: 9988156.9 (8th)
    Total value in excess: -1488715.1 (30th)
    Mean value in excess: -148871.5 (30th)
    Good pick %: 10.00% (30th)

Shit sandwich.
    #freesheldon

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Is mannyelk the little kid in the pic with his cat and a description of himself as male model?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213