• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs select Cole Caufield 15th overall

Isaac25

Kid deserves his own thread. Love this pick! Kid’s got some swagger and is solely focused on playing in the league ASAP which is refreshing...

Re: Cole Caufield

Yes, he was my choice. Even if he doesn't work out, he was the right pick. I won't complain about this one.Exactly the kind of pick we have been missing or passing over over the years.

Yes, he was my choice. Even if he doesn't work out, he was the right pick. I won't complain about this one.Exactly the kind of pick we have been missing or passing over over the years.

All you can do is take the best player available and hope they develop. They did that.

There is zero doubt that Caufield was the best player available... only Hughes and Kakko were "better players." His size is what have scouts, GMs and fans thinking other players will be better in the NHL, but he was certainly the best player available at #15 by a wide margin.

This is the opposite of last year... and both might turn out perfectly.

Last year we kind of went off the board by taking KK on a bit of a hunch. He looks to have been an excellent pick, but he almost certainly would have been available several picks later. We could have traded down and still got him. Caufield is a guy that you'd think we would have had to trade up for.

They should look good together in a few years.

Guillaume Lefrançois
[emoji818]
@glefrancoisLP
#Habs Pourquoi Cole Caufield a-t-il glissé au 15e rang? Réponse de son ancien entraîneur : "J'imagine que les équipes n'aiment pas les buts."
LOL

Domi has his number and the reverse is Price's. I wonder what number he picks.

Guillaume Lefrançois
[emoji818]
@glefrancoisLP
#Habs Pourquoi Cole Caufield a-t-il glissé au 15e rang? Réponse de son ancien entraîneur : "J'imagine que les équipes n'aiment pas les buts."
LOL

Nice.

I also like the fact that he is eager to learn from Gallagher. If he can go every shift like Gallagher this will be the steal of the draft.

How crazy is it that our farm was desolate just 2 years ago and now we're looking at Caufield, Poehling, Suzuki, KK, Brook, Romanov, Primeau...

As much as MB pisses me off with his chickenshit cap philosophy he has been acquiring young talent.

LOL.

Hey Burg you lurker!

Your cat gif was taken last night eh? Your cat couldn't believe Caufield was on the board at 15? If Ray was a cat that is exactly what he looked like last night.

LOL.

Hey Burg you lurker!

Your cat gif was taken last night eh? Your cat couldn't believe Caufield was on the board at 15? If Ray was a cat that is exactly what he looked like last night.

The cat gif was certainly apropos for last night.

Back