• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Belated Summer Travel and General Off Topic Thread

Let me know if you need any help getting things planned out. I'm bugging out for Africa on the 10th, but I don't have all that many clients at WDW in July so I'll have some time if you need anything.

JB, is there a target date when WDW starts releasing any promotional package deals for Disney vacations for the first quarter of 2020? Never knew you were now in the travel biz.

JB, is there a target date when WDW starts releasing any promotional package deals for Disney vacations for the first quarter of 2020? Never knew you were now in the travel biz.

Yeah ... I try not to shill my services, but I'm always going to pitch in if anybody needs help.

Typically, Disney releases discounts about a quarter and a half ahead of time. Well after their 180 day advanced dining reservation window, but before their 60 day Fast Pass window. That would mean Jan-March discounts would be released in late September or early October ... IF they're going to discount anything. With the heavy volume they're doing on the back of the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge land opening at the end of the summer I'm not expecting their usual winter discounts. I remind people all the time that Disney only discounts WDW rooms and packages when they have inventory to sell. If they're booked to a certain level, they won't do it at all.

Yeah ... I try not to shill my services, but I'm always going to pitch in if anybody needs help.

Typically, Disney releases discounts about a quarter and a half ahead of time. Well after their 180 day advanced dining reservation window, but before their 60 day Fast Pass window. That would mean Jan-March discounts would be released in late September or early October ... IF they're going to discount anything. With the heavy volume they're doing on the back of the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge land opening at the end of the summer I'm not expecting their usual winter discounts. I remind people all the time that Disney only discounts WDW rooms and packages when they have inventory to sell. If they're booked to a certain level, they won't do it at all.

Thanks, all great information to know. I did hear the Star Wars land stuff has cluttered up the overall pricing and availability as it relates to promotions on packages. I may pick your brain and see what may be out there in that September/October window.

Thanks, all great information to know. I did hear the Star Wars land stuff has cluttered up the overall pricing and availability as it relates to promotions on packages. I may pick your brain and see what may be out there in that September/October window.

Sure ... you can shoot me a message

My wife was pregnant when I started this site, my daughter is now 12 1/2. Where does the time go?

And my boy was a bun in the oven, while I was living in Leipzig, and the Canes were doing their 09' run. Man, reflecting on this and life, time flies, but at the same time it doesn't. Messed up!

Let me know if you need any help getting things planned out. I'm bugging out for Africa on the 10th, but I don't have all that many clients at WDW in July so I'll have some time if you need anything.

Dude - where in Africa? Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere.

Crazy how time works differently for people. I swear, it has taken 18 years for my girl to get to 9.

That's great, JB. This wouldn't have anything to do with the Ugandan Water Project (https://ugandanwaterproject.com), would it? I ask because a good friend of mine is heavily involved with that organization.

No, but I'm familiar with their work. That's an awesome outfit. I'm actually working to connect a couple of US based organizations together with some Ugandan organizers that have been working for a decade to establish rural orphanages so abandoned kids don't have to go into the mess that is the system in the capital Kampala. Access to water and electricity is the biggest roadblock other than the lack of jobs for young people leaving those programs. This would help with both.

Crazy how time works differently for people. I swear, it has taken 18 years for my girl to get to 9.

Good luck and god bless for the next 9? If I read you correctly, they say if the first years are easy peasy then you'll pay for it during the teens. And vice versa. Idk, I'll let you know when mine is all grown up lol. He'll be 10, January 13th (2020)

Good luck and god bless for the next 9? If I read you correctly, they say if the first years are easy peasy then you'll pay for it during the teens. And vice versa. Idk, I'll let you know when mine is all grown up lol. He'll be 10, January 13th (2020)

Meh ... every kid is their own adventure. Only one thing is certain. They will present a challenge to their parents eventually. What kind and when? Nobody knows.

Meh ... every kid is their own adventure. Only one thing is certain. They will present a challenge to their parents eventually. What kind and when? Nobody knows.

Yeah I agree, my son has been pretty good but not without normal concerns on development, behavior at times, etc. He's a good kid with a good heart. Still, he has had his moments. Tends to be harder on his mother too. :/

My son is 12. And has in the last few years taken up baseball. Started late. Has some natural talent, and is monstrously huge for his age. But he's so lazy in school. Won't put any effort in. Ive tried to make him understand that you don't get re-dos. If he misses a season because of his grades, he's going to sink himself, and he will regret that for years to come. It doesn't seem to register with him. We pulled him out of little league once because of bad grades. He's hanging on at school, just barely staying above the minimum required to play sports. Not sure he understands the consequences. His sister is completely the opposite.

I've heard only good things ... about the ride. I've heard only bad things about the line management.

Don't know if you knew this, but I now work as an agent for a travel agency that specializes in Disney and Universal. Bless you for hanging in there for 10 hours in that heat. I'll wait until the fall when Universal will throw me some VIP tour access :0)

I bought the VIP tour and walked to the front of the line. I’m not stupid. It was expensive but I spoil the shit out of my kids when it comes to travel. My youngest is 12 and she’s been to 23 countries already.

Back