• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shaw traded to Blackhawks for picks

Re: Shaw trade to Chi town

No salary retain according to the early reports.

This makes me think Duchene or Lee is coming. Clearly more cap for someone anyway

I don’t know...not loving that deal that much

I don’t know...not loving that deal that much

I think it was a good time. Get max value potentially. Get some more dollars. A lot of youth to get into the lineup. And depending if they add a Lee or someone tomorrow.

And I like Shaw

I think it was a good time. Get max value potentially. Get some more dollars. A lot of youth to get into the lineup. And depending if they add a Lee or someone tomorrow.

And I like Shaw

I have no issues trading Shaw just thought we could have included him in a deal to upgrade the D

This trade only makes sense if they're clearing space for a big signing. Shaw is more than adequate for his price tag on a team with cap space.

Habs presently sitting at $12.6M cap space.

Assuming Habs demote DLo, Peca, Alzner, Weise, Lindgren to AHL, assuming Poehling & Suzuki start in Laval, and re-sign Armia @ $2M / 2-years and Lekhonen @ $2.25M / 4-years gives Habs $14.2M for 19 roster players (missing 1-more forward and backup goalie and carrying 7D with no spare forwards).

No salary retain according to the early reports.

This makes me think Duchene or Lee is coming. Clearly more cap for someone anyway

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”

- Oscar Wilde

Something has to been a foot. Even with Shaw, it is not like we are deep on RW: Gallagher is good, Armia is a 3rd liner...still have a hole at 2nd line RW

This trade only makes sense if they're clearing space for a big signing. Shaw is more than adequate for his price tag on a team with cap space.

Yeah, MB loves this guy, the only way he would trade him for picks is if he has something big cooking

Bergevin must have received assurance that one of the top UFA is signing here. Must be duschene,Lee or Gardiner.

Back