• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs tender five-year, $42.27M offer sheet to Sebastian Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairnova

News Breaker
Canadiens Montréal:
The Canadiens have announced that they have tendered an offer sheet to restricted free agent Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes. The proposed contract is for five years, with an average annual value of $8.454 million.

Re: Habs tender offer sheet to Sebastian Aho

Things are now interesting and it all but means we're out of the Lee derby.

Compensation would be. 1sr, 2nd and a 3rd. Just under the need to offer 4 1st pick.

**** that means George’s laraques is 5 on 5 on his prediction yesterday.

Compensation would be. 1sr, 2nd and a 3rd. Just under the need to offer 4 1st pick.

Who did he put in a headlock to get that info?!?

It’s just under 1, 1, 2 and 3 not 4 firsts.

Canadiens Montréal:
The Canadiens have announced that they have tendered an offer sheet to restricted free agent Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes. The proposed contract is for five years, with an average annual value of $8.454 million.

That's an easy match for Carolina.

Chris Johnston:
I'm told Sebastian Aho's $42.27 million, five-year offer sheet contains the maximum amount of signing bonus allowable.

Habs tender offer sheet to Sebastian Aho

Good on the Habs - both GM & ownership. This took balls to go against the unwritten rule grain

Carolina will match that number

It’s a weak weak move, the deal needed to be in the upper layer of between 8.5 and 10.5.

It’s an easy way to say I tried and it didn’t work...

It’s a weak weak move, the deal needed to be in the upper layer of between 8.5 and 10.5.

It’s an easy way to say I tried and it didn’t work...

The only hope is the upfront money will scare Carolina

Pierre LeBrun:
Breakdown of Aho offer sheet: $11.3M SB plus 700k salary in Year 1; $9.87M SB plus 700k salary in Year 2; $6.95 SB plus 750k salary in Year 3; $5.25 SB plus $750k in each of Year 4 and Year 5.

$21+ million in the first 12 months.

You do realize this likely means the Habs are done for the day right? The Canes have 7 days to match so Bergevin is in a holding pattern now which is fine by me as it likely means no Anders Lee. Gardiner is still in play though, the room is there.

Carolina will have to pay out 21.8 million in the first year

Basically that is Carolina gate money for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back