• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs tender five-year, $42.27M offer sheet to Sebastian Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aho gets 11 mil from us lets say

Domi explodes for 85 points .... how is that gonna look on his deal next summer

3 players over 10 plus Weber ......and if KK takes off

SCREWED .....

Like the Leafs were supposedly SCREWED this summer?

If your team is talented, cap management becomes complicated.

Some of you guys just want to a team full of cap space and 3rd liners.

This.

Cap will continue to rise, good GMs make it work.

Contrarian opinion: No player on either team in the Stanley Cup final had a cap hit higher than $7.5M

The previous year only Ovechkin was above 8M.

They are dumping players off the deck to make it work . Next summer most of their UFA’s like Barrie won’t be back

They have unloaded a ton of talent and still need to cut to pay Marner .

If you won cups like the Hawks it’s understandable.

Being capped out 3 years into a rebuild and you haven’t won a round is piss poor asset management

Also every core young player to sign has been a negotiation war that should never of happened .

Last edited:
They are dumping players off the deck to make it work . Next summer most of their UFA’s like Barrie won’t be back

Being capped out 3 years into a rebuild and you haven’t won a round is piss poor asset management

Also every core young player to sign has been a negotiation war that should never of happened .

shhhhh,,, you will upset the leaf lovers

This.

Cap will continue to rise, good GMs make it work.

A rising cap is pointless if your giving your players the percentage increase

It works if the cap rises 7% in 2 years and you still have Gaudreau , Giordano, and Monahan under contract under 7 mil

It pisses me off that Montreal isn’t a cap team

They made offers to Duchene and afterwards to Aho which would have made them a cap team.

People have to stop assuming that just because the 3rd richest organization worth over a billion dollars doesn’t spend to the cap they aren’t a cap team.

fYI we would be even less of a cap team if we didn’t sign Alzner....but if some insist we can ask the Sens for Bobby Ryan and the Oilers for Lucic to hit the cap

We don't need to cut anything to sign Marner.
And Matthews signed without any fuss whatsoever.

A
They made offers to Duchene and afterwards to Aho which would have made them a cap team.

People have to stop assuming that just because the 3rd richest organization worth over a billion dollars doesn’t spend to the cap they aren’t a cap team.

fYI we would be even less of a cap team if we didn’t sign Alzner....but if some insist we can ask the Sens for Bobby Ryan and the Oilers for Lucic to hit the cap

This not spending to the cap issue is ridiculous . Flexibility is a key for us , keep your options open

A

This not spending to the cap issue is ridiculous . Flexibility is a key for us , keep your options open

It’s utter nonsense, people realize it’s a stupid assumption but there are still some that don’t

We don't need to cut anything to sign Marner.
And Matthews signed without any fuss whatsoever.

Please....you ripped up 1/3 and more of your team to slot Marner in and still need to do more

Matthews bent over Dubas and told him these are my terms , your paying me near CMD and only buying one year of UFA

Please....you ripped up 1/3 and more of your team to slot Marner in and still to do more

Matthews bent over Dubas and told him these are my terms , your paying me near CMD and only buying one year of UFA

Again, we already have the space to sign Marner.

I am responding to someone who said there was a negotiation war. There wasn't.

Of course not With an offer like that why would Mathews even even start a tickle fight let alone a war.

He’s getting UFA money as an RFA at a term that puts him UFA at 26.

This guy is set ip to make 15-16 million at 26

Last edited:
Of course not With an offer like that why would Mathews even even start a tickle fight let alone a war.

He’s getting UFA money as an RFA at a term that puts him UFA at 26.

This guy is set ip to make 15-16 million at 26

If you agree there was no negotiation war, then I have no idea why you jumped in to disagree because that's exactly what I said.

I'll stop now since this is the Aho thread.

If you agree there was no negotiation war, then I have no idea why you jumped in to disagree because that's exactly what I said.

I'll stop now since this is the Aho thread.

all i think he was saying is there was a reason there was no war

more of a side note than a disagreement

I'm cool with being under the cap as long as the money is spent on an exhaustive search for a competent GM and team president that will allow Geoff to sit on the sidelines in his blue blazer and khakis. It's clear that ****ing muscle-bound Bergevin is in over his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back