• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Lineup Your Lineups - 2019-2020

Poehling will be in the lineup over JAGs like Cousins and Weal. Defence will play out as written, which in and of itself, is cause for weeping

I know i will get shit on for this... but i think we are a playoff bound team. Kids are older, Weber in from the start and Benn is gone. A few pp goals and we should be golden. The biggest change is Price getting some time off with hopefully a good backup which he should be.

I think you're discounting the fact the Canes and especially Panthers got better.

Yes I think the Isles and Jackets miss (although Trotz will have the Isles playing tight D again) so that leaves the 8 spot. Do you really think the Habs will finish above #8? I think that's their ceiling with this current lineup. They still need help.

I think you're discounting the fact the Canes and especially Panthers got better.

Yes I think the Isles and Jackets miss (although Trotz will have the Isles playing tight D again) so that leaves the 8 spot. Do you really think the Habs will finish above #8? I think that's their ceiling with this current lineup. They still need help.
Need to keep in mind it’s not a zero sum game. Teams who racked up points hammering NJD, NYR, Buf, Phi will normalize this year.

The Metro will be a blood bath with the improvement in NYR, Phi, NJD. So Caps, Canes, Pens will lose some points. Canes also got unbelievable goaltending from McElhinney last year, there will be some regression unless Mrazek overperforms.

Gotta think TBay’s historical season will regress given improvement to Buf & Fla. Theres an interesting article projecting what Kinkaid would’ve meant to Habs last year in place of Niemi - spoiler alert 3-point gain in standings minimum...making them a playoff team. Habs have made incremental improvements in backup goaltending & PK. Obviously expecting growth from young players is an unknown - JoJo & DomDom will play major roles this year it seems.

Jet fans think we got one heck of a D for the price. All i know he can be nasty and has one heck of a shot which he does not use enough

Comments I've been hearing from Jets fans.

+ : Big guy, works hard, physical, skates well, big heavy shot that he doesn't use enough. They seem to like him in general but...
- : Can't pass the puck to save his life. Horrible gap control. Let players walks in on him all the time. Depends on his partner for zone exits.

It seems like his two biggest area of concerns is that he's not good at controlled zone exits and he can't defend zone entries. Those are kind of a big part of the job description.

People here going on about players, other teams, getting better others regressing when all the habs need to do is fix tge powerplay and they make the playoffs.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

And yet we've made 0 moves to improve the PP.

Kincaid going back to form should also produce a few wins. But that's another if.

Back