• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Lineup Your Lineups - 2019-2020

Pretty sure he can. He doesn’t have to go to college. Sounds like he might take the money.

Give him a full year in college , I wouldn't put him on our roster yet

Better plan would be sign him, say screw college and stick him in laval earning max dollar for the AHL. In his time off he can go to McGill.

Keeps positive control over the player. I hate that guys get drafted by a team and by the time they are done college they are effectively free agents.

Better plan would be sign him, say screw college and stick him in laval earning max dollar for the AHL. In his time off he can go to McGill.

Keeps positive control over the player. I hate that guys get drafted by a team and by the time they are done college they are effectively free agents.

how so?

I can see him turn pro after 1 year at Wisconsin and battle for a job with us

Nick should be ready as well by then

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw2WG4mOeRdWevnTIb1cqtTZ&ampcf=1

"Vesey Watch is officially over as Jimmy Vesey, the highly coveted free agent out of Harvard University, has signed with the New York Rangers. After spurning the Nashville Predators, who drafted him in the third round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and later the Buffalo Sabres, who acquired his draft rights from Nashville, Vesey picked the Rangers from eight different finalists."

"Nashville was prepared to give him an immediate roster spot when his season ended at Harvard, but he decided not to sign. He could have burned a year off of his contract by playing in the NHL last season, but ultimately could not turn down the chance to explore free agency by allowing his draft rights to expire."

We have 3 years to sign him, otherwise draft rights expire and he is essentially a free agent.

And they don't need to sign either, they can just play in college and turn down every contract the team that drafted them throws their way and then, in that 3rd year go wherever they want.

How? The kid was a complete steal in the draft and is one hell of a player. No reason he cannot play in the nhl. If KK can do it he can too.
Getting bigger / stronger, and most importantly confidence gained by hopefully dominating WJC allowing him to take his game to another level prior to turning pro.

As for KK comparison, Habs team had zero expectations last year as everyone picked them to be a lottery team, this years team will have expectations on its shoulders without the benefit of being significantly upgraded during the summer. At least at this point.

Last edited:
Getting bigger / stronger, and most importantly confidence gained by hopefully dominating WJC allowing him to take his game to another level prior to turning pro.

As for KK comparison, Habs team had zero expectations last year as everyone picked them to be a lottery team, this years team will have expectations on its shoulders without the benefit of being significantly upgraded during the summer. At least at this point.

If he was a few inches taller this would not even be a debate. He would have been drafted much much higher. His scoring numbers are crazy

Back