• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Lineup Your Lineups - 2019-2020

How? The kid was a complete steal in the draft and is one hell of a player. No reason he cannot play in the nhl. If KK can do it he can too.
Great pick, but he's 5'9 150lbs, never played against men in his life and he's a goal scorer. One year to bulk up playing against older players in a very good program would be beneficial.

I was also advocating for KK to wait a year before starting pro but a few things worked in his favor in comparison. First, he played against men the year before. Second, he made it because his defensive game was so good, so that even if he wasn't producing, and he didn't produce much, he would still have a role and a spot in the lineup. Finally he's also much bigger, albeit frail.

Caufield is a goal scorer, and unless he can score immediately at this level, which I doubt, then he doesn't have a role on the team. If he can scores at least 20 goals this year then I'd consider it, bit still, I don't really want to mess up with the confidence of a goal scorer.

How? The kid was a complete steal in the draft and is one hell of a player. No reason he cannot play in the nhl. If KK can do it he can too.

What do you mean, "how"?

Comparing them when they were both 18: Kotkaniemi is 3/4 of a foot taller, heavier, plays a more complete game, has actually played against men before, is a better player than Caufield is at the same age, I mean, do you want more examples?

This idea that because Kotkaniemi did at 18 Caufield can do it too is asinine.

Also, Caufield would instantly become the smallest player in the league the second he steps foot into the NHL. Not sure it's a good idea to put him in there at 18.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some people absolutely want to see 18 year olds in the NHL. I only want to see 18 year olds in the NHL if,

a- They're supremely skilled, see most top-3 picks.
b- They're supremely intelligent, see Patrice Bergeron & Ryan O'Reilly.

And that they're in extremely good shape for their age. The NHL will grind you to a pulp in a matter of weeks if you're small and not in shape.

Almost every year there are players that are rushed into the NHL early because herp y not let him show us what he can do.

Draft picks are supposed to be investments that, if things work out well, end up being 8 to 15+ year players for your organization. What is the point of putting a player in the NHL, when the odds are he's not ready just in hopes that he would be a minor fix for the team's play right now?

Just look at the most recent example: Valeri Nichushkin. The current player at 24 years old is a shell of himself when he was 18 years old. He doesn't look a thing like the player he was. It would be one thing if he stagnated and his flaws had become exposed by scouting/coaches, but he's regressed so much that he's unrecognizable.

I want to see Caufield dominate the NCAA where he isn't on a stacked roster from A to Z and isn't playing with half a dozen first round pick going against lower caliber of play. I want to see him stand out, if not dominate, the WJC in scoring. If he can do that, him making the team for the 2020-2021 season is a real discussion to be had.

Caufield is essentially a gift who fell into the Habs lap. No need to screw it up by rushing him to the NHL. A year in the Big Ten will only help him.

Elite Prospects has him listed as going to Univ. of Wisconsin this year. So i guess this is not a discussion anymore. He is the same size as DeBrincat so i dont think size would be an issue. But we will never know.

Elite Prospects has him listed as going to Univ. of Wisconsin this year. So i guess this is not a discussion anymore. He is the same size as DeBrincat so i dont think size would be an issue. But we will never know.
I don't think size will be an issue either but DeBrincat also played another year in junior after being drafted.

Debrincat was also a late birthday and essentially played his fourth & final Junior season before going to the NHL.

I don't understand why some people absolutely want to see 18 year olds in the NHL. I only want to see 18 year olds in the NHL if,

a- They're supremely skilled, see most top-3 picks.
b- They're supremely intelligent, see Patrice Bergeron & Ryan O'Reilly.

And that they're in extremely good shape for their age. The NHL will grind you to a pulp in a matter of weeks if you're small and not in shape.

Almost every year there are players that are rushed into the NHL early because herp y not let him show us what he can do.

Draft picks are supposed to be investments that, if things work out well, end up being 8 to 15+ year players for your organization. What is the point of putting a player in the NHL, when the odds are he's not ready just in hopes that he would be a minor fix for the team's play right now?

Just look at the most recent example: Valeri Nichushkin. The current player at 24 years old is a shell of himself when he was 18 years old. He doesn't look a thing like the player he was. It would be one thing if he stagnated and his flaws had become exposed by scouting/coaches, but he's regressed so much that he's unrecognizable.

I want to see Caufield dominate the NCAA where he isn't on a stacked roster from A to Z and isn't playing with half a dozen first round pick going against lower caliber of play. I want to see him stand out, if not dominate, the WJC in scoring. If he can do that, him making the team for the 2020-2021 season is a real discussion to be had.

Instant gratification.

If you think Price will be left exposed you're nuts man. Come on now.

There is zero chance they let Price walk for nothing.

Primeau’s nowhere near prime time ready, will likely need 2-years in AHL which takes it to summer of 2021, and since his ELC will have expired, he becomes ineligible to be claimed by Seattle due to lack of contract.

That’s what 3-years into Price’s 8-year deal? Another 3-4 years working his way from 30-game backup to splitting the season then taking over as starter. Don’t see an issue till the last 1-2 years of Price’s deal...if that, especially with the cap ceiling to get a boost once Seattle comes into the picture.

Weber will get dealt beforehand to free up $7M AAV...and Preds cap will get destroyed.

Back