• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TRADE: Sparks to Vegas for David Clarkson & 4th rounder

Buying a 4th rounder with LTIR space and Sparks. Heh.

Last edited:
Strange trade but I get it I think...
I enjoy reading Leaf fans on Twitter and facebook commenting on where Clarkson will play in the lineup. LOL

If having David Clarkson’s $5M on LTIR really isn’t going to constrain our front office at all, then I understand taking him on to “buy” a draft pick. But a 4th rounder seems low enough to not be worth the bother.

Oh well.

Either way, I’m mainly just weirded out that this guy is even technically a member of the team again.

If that stuff on Twitter is correct. This is absolutely brilliant.

They just bought themselves leverage and got a fourth round pick

Like one of the tweeters noted, they can now allow the other RFAs to sign first and use as leverage to pull down the aav in Marner negotiations.
Pridham and Dubas are genius

I don’t get it but I assume Pridham does.

Largely has to do with not being able to utilize LTIR until you're actually over the cap. I don't understand the exact mechanics of how it all works on the first day of the season either, but Pridham wrote the ****ing rules so I'm pretty sure he's got a vague grasp of them.

Such an under rated hire. Most Leaf fans don't even know his name or who he is.

Like one of the tweeters noted, they can now allow the other RFAs to sign first and use as leverage to pull down the aav in Marner negotiations.
Pridham and Dubas are genius

Yeah, the question now is how far into the season do they have to go, to get to the number that Marner will actually sign at.

@jonassiegel

Key takeaway from the Clarkson trade: Leafs increase their flexibility, most crucially on the Marner front. Now, if he’s not signed by Oct. 1 they won’t have to trade anyone to accommodate a larger, pro-rated year one cap hit. Extra LTI room allows them to keep the team together.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Interesting cap maneuverings.

But also prediction of the Spark dying out and never be back on this team comes to pass. Good riddance to big mouth.

Back