• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Morgan Frost appears to be the closest at 107 points in 55 games

habs took RP two spots earlier

Some interesting players are the Storm that he is playing with...including some giants.

Nate Schnarr - 6 foot 3 - right handed centre - yotes third rounder
96 points in 59 games

Isaac Ratcliffe 6 foot 6 - winger - philly second rounder
74 points in 59 games

Liam Hawel - 6 foor 5 right hand centre - dallas 4th rounder

suzuki is damn near 2.0 PPG with the storm

Those are some big boys! Maybe opening up some space for Suzuki to operate has helped him.

Maybe another option on D will be available soon.

Cale Fleury had a goal and 2 assists in a comeback 4-3 Laval win. Another assist for Evans, he has 5 points in the last 6 games. One goal and one assist for Vejdemo, he has 7 points in the last 7 games.

So?

There are guys that are close to 2 points a game for the year. It's not unreasonable to think that one of the top few players in the league could sustain 2 points a game for the final handful of games.

Ah -- thought you meant all season. Still it's a somewhat strange argument to say something is sustainable in response to a statement that notes that no one is currently doing it.

Not strange at all. Top prospects in Juniors can put up 2 points a game for extended periods of time. Sometimes even for a full season.

Not strange at all. Top prospects in Juniors can put up 2 points a game for extended periods of time. Sometimes even for a full season.

But Worm said that no one is doing that and posted the player that is the closest to it (Frost)....

I think what happened here is that you mis-read his comment about how he's referring to the entire season, not just a handful of games -- and you adjusted the debate without clarifying your original error in the original post.

Last edited:
But Worm said that no one is doing that and posted the player that is the closest to it (Frost)....

I think what happened here is that you mis-read his comment about how he's referring to the entire season, not just a handful of games -- and you adjusted the debate without clarifying your original error in the original post.
No, what has happened here is that you're being a dick and trying to make people feel stupid. It's kinda your thing. And now you've derailed the discussion for no reason.

I fully understood exactly what worm said, and he fully understood what I said.

There are only a relative handful of games remaining. So by default I could have only been referring to that handful of games remaining.

Suzuki had been scoring at a 3+ point per game clip for a short period. I incorrectly stated that he could maintain that pace... But after worm corrected me I acknowledged that would not be reasonable but 2 ppg would be. That fact that nobody has done it over 60+ games this season doesn't mean that someone can't do it for a much shorter stretch.

Suzuki has been scoring at 2 ppg over his past 14 games. I made the claim with like 6 or 7 games left.

If you thought that I meant that he would finish the season with a 2 ppg average... That's on your lack of comprehension.

No, what has happened here is that you're being a dick and trying to make people feel stupid. It's kinda your thing. And now you've derailed the discussion for no reason.

I fully understood exactly what worm said, and he fully understood what I said.

There are only a relative handful of games remaining. So by default I could have only been referring to that handful of games remaining.

Suzuki had been scoring at a 3+ point per game clip for a short period. I incorrectly stated that he could maintain that pace... But after worm corrected me I acknowledged that would not be reasonable but 2 ppg would be. That fact that nobody has done it over 60+ games this season doesn't mean that someone can't do it for a much shorter stretch.

Suzuki has been scoring at 2 ppg over his past 14 games. I made the claim with like 6 or 7 games left.

If you thought that I meant that he would finish the season with a 2 ppg average... That's on your lack of comprehension.

exactly

very curious to see what suzuki can do next year in the AHL
I’m curious to see if he’s got potential Marner type PP domination capability.

Also hoping Poehling’s team gets bounced early at Frozen Four, would like to see how he stacks up - even if there’s only a remote chance Habs would sign him to play with the big club.

Last edited:

Also hoping Poehling’s team gets bounced early at Frozen Four, would like to see how he stacks up - even if there’s only a remote chance Habs would sign him to play with the big club.

Think I would rather see him play longer in the NCAA playoffs. Doubt he plays for the habs and the farm team is not making the playoffs.

I watched them both in junior several times . Suzuki is a hell of a player but Marner`s vision , creativity , and puck skills are a notch higher IMO

Nick`s high IQ will be a huge boost on the PP when he makes the big club .

I don't see a 90-100 point Marner in the making but a legit Larkin type upside at wing or C .

Best forward prospect in our system in decades and better than Galchenyuk with his playmaking skills and vision .

do we burn a year of ELC is he joins us this year ?

Back