• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who will and should replace MB?

He has no experience.

No big deal ....common hockey sense and not making dumb moves is worth more than experience .

He is well connected , and has basically been a pro scout for a decade seeing every player on the ice with his gig .

I don't think he would be as retarded as MB , and probably could assemble a better regime .

Its like our coach I would never if hired another retread but a younger Groulx or Ducharme or given Gallant the gig .

Yep, Brisebois is the logical choice. Language aside, I’d be hard press to find a better candidate.
Paul Fenton has to be part of the conversation if language is not an issue - IMO he’s head & shoulders above JB

Stevie Y has yet to win anything as GM, and missed the playoffs nearly 50% of his time as TBay GM, as luck would have it his players take hometown discounts due to no state tax Florida & no market pressures associated with playing there - he has an excellent Dir of Scouting (Al Murray) for which he deserves enormous credit without any doubt.

David Poile’s been a GM going on 40-yrs, won didly squat while willingly seeking employment in non traditional hockey markets for as he himself put it “I prefer non traditional markets as the media scrutiny is not an issue in allowing me to do my job”.

Until the Leafs actually win, Shanny-Plan is just a nice story circa 2017.

We have to look at this in terms of regime . In 6 years under MB he drove the team to the ground and leaving his successor with a hot mess.

TB and Poile drafted and developed better and have more depth to work with . They havent made the numerous blunders Nero did and this has nothing to with hometown discounts or less scrutinized markets .

We have to work harder and smarter and we failed miserably on all fronts to improve this team ....NO EXCUSE TO LEAVE IT THIS BAD 6 YEARS LATER .

Look at Winnipeg , Chevy has won nothing in about the same time frame but has slowly developed an elite top 6 and a solid base to work with .

No big deal ....common hockey sense and not making dumb moves is worth more than experience .

He is well connected , and has basically been a pro scout for a decade seeing every player on the ice with his gig .

I don't think he would be as retarded as MB , and probably could assemble a better regime .

Its like our coach I would never if hired another retread but a younger Groulx or Ducharme or given Gallant the gig .
McGuire has a huge ego though, much like Bergevin, doesn't make for the best sort of GM.

I agree with Sal, Fenton is a good candidate.

As for JB, bean counters like him have a mixed record as pro sports GM's. Howie Roseman would not be highly regarded if Carson Wentz had not fallen into his lap, so to speak.

McGuire has a huge ego though, much like Bergevin, doesn't make for the best sort of GM.

I agree with Sal, Fenton is a good candidate.

I cant take Mcguire seriously ever since he said Markov will miss Komisarek more than Komisarek will miss Markov.

Add the other preposterous things he’s said over the years.

The last was when he said he was absolutely convinced Alzner would not sign here, he even said it in a condescending way like its a pipe dream Habs fans.

Too bad he wasnt right on that one

I cant take Mcguire seriously ever since he said Markov will miss Komisarek more than Komisarek will miss Markov.

Add the other preposterous things he’s said over the years.

The last was when he said he was absolutely convinced Alzner would not sign here, he even said it in a condescending way like its a pipe dream Habs fans.

Too bad he wasnt right on that one
More important, he said Alzner was a great addition.

Does it matter? We traded Subban and Sergachev and still didn't get a first line center. Is there anything on the current roster that you wouldn't give up for one?

PK was never going to land you the 1C and our clown thought Chevy found us that player .

Back