• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Re: Galchenyuk traded

BS , there was no fcken way he was shopped properly .

Your telling me you tell every team 27 is being traded on draft night .......this is your best offer ....seriously .

I don’t think AGs value is as high as we think but MB was better off keeping him beacause the talent is there.

Domi has talent but I dont see his ceiling as high as AG.

This is one of those situations where it is just stupid to trade an assett like this when his value is not high.

His dumb plays and puck giveaways did not help his cause as well. Its not all on the team and the coaching. He is not the smartest player in the world. For all we know this could be by far the best offer.

Then you keep him, and patiently develop him like we did with Kadri. You don't just fire him out of a cannon because he's not thriving in what is otherwise a complete ****ing mess of a team.

How bad would we look right now had we traded a 24 yr old Kadri away?

This is a panic move by a GM who hears footsteps. Not the move of a patient builder with a coherent plan.

Do you you seriously think the phones were ringing off the hokes for him. Give your head a shake

Stop drinking cheap Chinese beer Habs 53 .

We took the easy route to a trade , just like last year when we took Frenchy for a stud D .

Even if Domi pots 50-60 points with us , who the fook cares .

27 did that already . He does nothing to fix our flaws .

Isles have 2 lottery picks , Buffalo is in dump mode .

Detroit is looking to deal . Blues , Minny , etc....are all ready to deal .

He is locked up for 2 more years at fair money .

Domi now will be signed to another long term deal and solves zero on this roster .

Then you keep him, and patiently develop him like we did with Kadri. You don't just fire him out of a cannon because he's not thriving in what is otherwise a complete ****ing mess of a team.

This is a panic move by a GM who hears footsteps. Not the move of a patient builder with a coherent plan.

Agreed, he’s 23, give him a shot to redeem himself

Are you talking about the same give me a 3 game suspension for being a dumbass Kadri? I am not a leaf fan and definitely not a Kadri fan.

Exactly ME , you nailed it on the head .

Sure he has brain farts but you deal with it and live with this offence abilities .

It's like your Leafs starving for a RH D and you trade Nylander for DaBrinct of Chicago .

What is that going to solve .

Do you you seriously think the phones were ringing off the hooks for him. Give your head a shake

If that's the case, then you just don't trade him now. You wait for the season to start, have his value go up and trade him.

How many more small winger who can't score do we need on this team? Trading all your assets without addressing your needs is rediculous. I sure hope Domi has CHARACTER because we all know where that lead us last year.

Its a bit more complicated than that, two coaches who basically couldnt get the best out of him, the current coach has another 4 years on his contract. Kadri plays with piss and vinegar, MB would love him, Alex will never be that player.

Agreed, he’s 23, give him a shot to redeem himself

It's more than just a shot to redeem himself. The Habs have done a poor job developing him. I keep bringing up Kadri because we were in the same boat Pre Babcock. We jerked him around from C to W, had multiple coaches question whether he would be a C in the NHL (when clearly his vision and hands were meant for the middle of the ice), looked like he had a bunch of untapped talent that we just weren't getting out of him, he had maturity issues (rumoured to be in the cocaine club with Lupul and others for a while, had issues with sleeping in for team meetings and such, etc). We were patient with him, the organization supported him and stuck with him through the tough times and he's rewarded us.

It comes down to whether or not your an organization of patience, or an organization of knee jerk reaction. Some young guys come into the league with the mindset of a 35 yr old father of 4, and some are stupid 18 yr olds still. That first group is awesome when you can get them, but that second group takes patience and development.

Its a bit more complicated than that, two coaches who basically couldnt get the best out of him, the current coach has another 4 years on his contract. Kadri plays with piss and vinegar, MB would love him, Alex will never be that player.

No.

Well I guess this settle our draft. They do this trade, a bad one, because they will draft zadina and hope he replaces Galchenyuk right away,

Are you talking about the same give me a 3 game suspension for being a dumbass Kadri? I am not a leaf fan and definitely not a Kadri fan.

Yes, we're talking about back to back 30 goal shut down centre on a 105 point team, Nazem Kadri. Yeah.

I'm glad that you're not a fan of his. But he's turned into a fantastic hockey player. A legitimate shutdown centre who scores 30 a season? Sign me up.

Back