• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

How many are cap ceiling teams and can take on 3-5 years worth of cap hits? Ryan 3-years, and Callahan 4-5 years can’t remember

Callahan is only 2, it's not bad. Ryan is 4 years, that's a lot.

Personally I wouldn't take on more than 2 years. After that the price would go up quite a bit for each additional year.

Verified account@travisyost

Per source, teams around the league have been engaged as a third party to help facilitate a potential Erik Karlsson/Tampa Bay trade. Have to make salaries work.

Habs should be all over using their cap space to get some free assets here.

You just know the NYR will come out of this with the sweetest deal...

Yeah I think they have the balls to do something.

MB is his own worse enemy sometimes in overthinking things, I have no proof but it’s just a feeling that he has quite a few deals he didn’t pull the trigger on that he regrets

MB is his own worse enemy sometimes in overthinking things, I have no proof but it’s just a feeling that he has quite a few deals he didn’t pull the trigger on that he regrets
In fairness to MB, can’t do anything when players have power via NTC/NMC, and no players with clause ever waive to come to Mtl.

My only issue with MB has been amateur drafting & development which has been mediocre at best under his watch, and he had complete control at improving without the barriers of entry that exist for making trades & signing established players. The domino effect of poor amateur drafting has taken what was the strength during the start of his tenure (pro-scouting) and made it a weakness.

Just know Callahan will waive modified-NTC for NYR - what are the realistic odds Mtl makes it in that group of 16-teams he can be traded to?

Last edited:

MB has never been shy to make a major trade. He just sucks at it.

I think the only non-rental deals MB made to specifically acquire a player was Drouin. All the other deals were to get rid of players.

In fairness to MB, can’t do anything when players have power via NTC/NMC, and no players with clause ever waive to come to Mtl.

My only issue with MB has been amateur drafting & development which has been mediocre at best under his watch, and he had complete control at improving without the barriers of entry that exist for making trades & signing established players. The domino effect of poor amateur drafting has taken what was the strength during the start of his tenure (pro-scouting) and made it a weakness.

Just know Callahan will waive modified-NTC for NYR - what are the realistic odds Mtl makes it in that group of 16-teams he can be traded to?

In fairness and MB are not compatible.

I think the only non-rental deals MB made to specifically acquire a player was Drouin. All the other deals were to get rid of players.

Yep....when u make trades to get rid of players, instead of looking to acquiring specific players, you lose those trades

Back