• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

I think the Jets are better but the way Fleury is playing . . . history will be made.

We'll see if the flower can keep it up. Regardless, it's fun to watch. I like all these teams except for Tampa.

No symphathy for the long suffering knights fan?

Should be a feel good story but I am having trouble cheering for these guys, especially with the tweets they put out.

Should be a feel good story but I am having trouble cheering for these guys, especially with the tweets they put out.

I'm 100% behind them. Think of how awful Leafs fans will feel if a team wins the Cup in season one. That alone is reason to cheer for the Knights to win it all.

I'm 100% behind them. Think of how awful Leafs fans will feel if a team wins the Cup in season one. That alone is reason to cheer for the Knights to win it all.

I think in general a lot of long suffering fans would feel a bit jealous or whatever you want to call it.

Personally, I guess their twitter voice has created this perception in my mind that VGK seem arrogant, condescending towards other organizations, egotistical, cocky etc...due to their success.

Perhaps if they were a bit more humble in their success I would jump aboard

I live in Toronto. No one cares if Vegas wins. Most here would prefer to see the Jets lose. The Knights are irrelevant.

I think in general a lot of long suffering fans would feel a bit jealous or whatever you want to call it.

Personally, I guess their twitter voice has created this perception in my mind that VGK seem arrogant, condescending towards other organizations, egotistical, cocky etc...due to their success.

Perhaps if they were a bit more humble in their success I would jump aboard
Vegas and humble doesn't go together. I like the players and coach.

I'm cheering for Ovy to win the Cup... but Tampa looked very good last game

As long as Tampa loses, I don't overly care.

Winterpeg > Washington >> Las Vegas >>>> Tampa Bay

[video=youtube;o7gxt0427LY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7gxt0427LY[/video]

Can't hate on Vegas tho, I mean what a show did they put on yesterday.

That jet slicing by the knight in the pregame ceremony :thumbup1:

Followed by the highlight goal by Marchessault in the first minute to start the game.

EPIC.

Bergevin was stupid to pass on Marchessault.

Florida was stupid to leave him unprotected.

Imagine Marchessault in the Lightning's line-up instead of Killorn, or even Johnson.

Would be almost unfair.

But then again I don't know if he becomes the player he is now without having gone to the Panthers.

Last edited:

Yeah, he got first line minutes in Florida. Fair point.

Bergevin was stupid to pass on Marchessault.

Florida was stupid to leave him unprotected.

Not only they left him unprotected, they also traded Smith to Vegas to make sure they would draft Marchessault.

Not only they left him unprotected, they also traded Smith to Vegas to make sure they would draft Marchessault.

Add that to the side bets that netted them Shea , Tuch and Columbus missing the boat on Karlson ........wow the gifts kept coming

Back