• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Post Mortem 2017-18 Season - Molson, Bergevin, players

The post mortem is even worse than I thought. Bergevin blames the team's attitude. So what part does Julien play in that?

Geoff and Bergevin look completely out of touch when they say stuff like "if you look at our past record, we had reason to believe we'd make the playoffs".

Why not take a look at the f ucking roster and pipeline?

The Ottoman Empire was once huge too. How’s Turkey looking today? I know, better than the Habs . . . but still.

Last edited:
"I can bring good players here but if the attitude doesn't improve, it won't make a difference"

really?

so we got 103 points last year because of attitude?

They're also cowards and didn't want to face the press to explain their decisions, or lack of.

The only real hope is that the real money people behind the Habs wake up and replace trust fund Geoff with a competent leader.

It's a head scratcher for sure. I guess from all the comments we heard today the team gave up early because it was obvious to everyone they sucked and management wasn't going to help the situation.

Max figured out early that without Radulov his season was about to become a lot harder?

Price surmised right away that his defense sucked and he wasn't going to bust his balls for the team?

Alzner determined he was in over his head with the different system in Montreal and the added responsibilities (he was down to 10 minutes a game when he last played with the Caps)?

Julien figured without a centre like Bergeron, the team had no chance anyway?

so they basically all threw in the towel... strange times indeed.

Last edited:
Anyway that was a tough presser for Price. MB mentioned more than once he thought Carey's play was a big reason for the team's failure this year. And with the added comments about "attitude" and that no one stepped up after Weber was injured...there is a lot of serious finger pointing at the players.

It's no coincidence that free agent Hayden Verbeek was signed to a 3 year contract. He's basically a Gallagher/ Byron hybrid ....the two hardest working players on the team. Management is very reactionary. Previously they thought they were pushed around too much by the Sens , the first time they met in the playoffs. And they were so terrified of the Rangers last year. So in both cases their reaction was to sign/draft big tough guys.

Anyway that was a tough presser for Price. MB mentioned more than once he thought Carey's play was a big reason for the team's failure this year. And with the added comments about "attitude" and that no one stepped up after Weber was injured...there is a lot of serious finger pointing at the players.

It's no coincidence that free agent Hayden Verbeek was signed to a 3 year contract. He's basically a Gallagher/ Byron hybrid ....the two hardest working players on the team. Management is very reactionary. Previously they thought they were pushed around too much by the Sens , the first time they met in the playoffs. And they were so terrified of the Rangers last year. So in both cases their reaction was to sign/draft big tough guys.

Basically said Price is a snowflake. Great 84M investment.

Max is also a snowflake, according to the presser.

very strange to drone on about attitude problems and never mention the head coach.

what happened to the good attitude we enjoyed the previous year when we got 103 points? Markov brought it to the KHL?

The whole PR exercise was weapons grade bullshit. All the players are marched out to do mea culpa and then the Dollarama Gucci and Special Geoff glom on to some psychobabble drivel and meaningless horseshit about “communication”. It was pure Houdini by two drooling nimrods are are clearly out of their depths.

It’s all bullshit.

The whole PR exercise was weapons grade bullshit. All the players are marched out to do mea culpa and then the Dollarama Gucci and Special Geoff glom on to some psychobabble drivel and meaningless horseshit about “communication”. It was pure Houdini by two drooling nimrods are are clearly out of their depths.

It’s all bullshit.

I had a drink every time one of those geniuses said "I want to be transparent with you here".

Hangover will be a doozy.

Basically said Price is a snowflake. Great 84M investment.

Max is also a snowflake, according to the presser.

Yeah I forgot those comments...about Price and Max being "sensitive" people. Don't know where that was leading...however he thought the criticism bothered Carey this year and suggested he didnt handle it well.

It’s all bullshit.

This sums things up for me. My stomach turns when i hear Molson and dollorama talking.

very strange to drone on about attitude problems and never mention the head coach.

what happened to the good attitude we enjoyed the previous year when we got 103 points? Markov brought it to the KHL?

I guess its the same reason why Molson cant say much negative about MB. Both signed on for 4 more years. In the end, nobody wants to admit their wrong and swallow millions doing so.

I guess its the same reason why Molson cant say much negative about MB. Both signed on for 4 more years. In the end, nobody wants to admit their wrong and swallow millions doing so.

Yeah I think MB’s contract is the biggest reason why he’s still the GM. Molson can’t possibly be that dumb otherwise, trust fund baby or not.

I might be in minority but I saw more strength from Geoff than before. I would have loved him firing Bergevin on spot but Geoff looked in control while the other obfuscated, deflected and threw players under the bus.

I might be in minority but I saw more strength from Geoff than before. I would have loved him firing Bergevin on spot but Geoff looked in control while the other obfuscated, deflected and threw players under the bus.

Strong but stupid is not a good combination.

But its still better than industrious and stupid like Bergevin.

Character and now attitude lol. What’s next on MB’s list of non-quantitative elements difficult to judge, empathy perhaps?
Guy is a charlatan...

Character and now attitude lol. What’s next on MB’s list of non-quantitative elements difficult to judge, empathy perhaps?
Guy is a charlatan...

Back