• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

erica orden @eorden
The at*tor*neys for Michael Cohen are ex*pected to stop rep*re*sent*ing him in the crim*i*nal in*ves*ti*ga*tion into his busi*ness deal*ings, @rebeccaballhaus confirms.
Cohen hasn’t yet decided whether to cooperate, per person familiar. wsj.com/articles/trump…

lmao

he Associated Press @AP
BREAKING: Pompeo says US wants North Korea to take major nuclear disarmament steps by end of Trump's first term.

heh. what a farce.

maybe Trump is playing nice so he'll get invites to the dictators club meetings.

MSNBC @MSNBC
1h
JUST IN: Robert Mueller requests 75 blank subpoenas in Paul Manafort trial – @PeteWilliamsNBC

hilarious.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
1m
Trump effect? New poll of Americans has Canada with just a 66% approval rating, 13% disapprove, 22% unsure. Gallup had Canada at 94% approve in February; NBC/WSJ had Canada at 75% approve, 3% disapprove in late 2016. publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/upl…

hilarious.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
1m
Trump effect? New poll of Americans has Canada with just a 66% approval rating, 13% disapprove, 22% unsure. Gallup had Canada at 94% approve in February; NBC/WSJ had Canada at 75% approve, 3% disapprove in late 2016. publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/upl…

I keep tabs on the reddit communities that consider themselves Conservatives (and not just Trumpist)....and they've all become embarrassingly Trumpist. ****ing all of them. Anyone arguing today that Conservatism hasn't morphed into Trumpism just isn't paying attention.

I keep tabs on the reddit communities that consider themselves Conservatives (and not just Trumpist)....and they've all become embarrassingly Trumpist. ****ing all of them. Anyone arguing today that Conservatism hasn't morphed into Trumpism just isn't paying attention.

no doubt.

and it goes further than that.

anyone dismissing this kind of stuff as fringe isn't paying attention:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...-neo-nazi-retweet_us_5b200eaee4b0adfb826e8e40

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) retweeted a British neo-Nazi on Tuesday, the latest in a series of incidents in which the congressman has parroted or promoted the views of unabashed white supremacists and other bigots.

“Europe is waking up... Will America... in time?” King tweeted, linking to an anti-immigrant tweet from political activist Mark Collett.

Collett is one of Britain’s most high-profile white supremacists. He has expressed admiration for Adolf Hitler and has called himself a “Nazi sympathizer.” ....

This is a sitting US congressman publicly and directly supporting Neo-Nazism....and yet it's not even a scandal. Non of his colleagues even cares. 2 years ago he would be impeached.

no doubt.

and it goes further than that.

anyone dismissing this kind of stuff as fringe isn't paying attention:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...-neo-nazi-retweet_us_5b200eaee4b0adfb826e8e40

This is a sitting US congressman publicly and directly supporting Neo-Nazism....and yet it's not even a scandal. Non of his colleagues even cares. 2 years ago he would be impeached.

that is ****ed up.

this reminds me of bedbugs (the racists are the bedbugs). a place I worked had bedbugs, but they are impossible to find and exterminate. so we had to send in 'bait' for a night to draw them all out of their hiding places. Trump is the bait, the racists are the bedbugs. analogy doesn't work perfectly, but I like being able to compare the neo-nazis to bedbugs. I guess the salient point is they now feel increasingly comfortable coming out of the woodwork, and we should all be pissed off and actively combating their hate.

that is ****ed up.

this reminds me of bedbugs (the racists are the bedbugs). a place I worked had bedbugs, but they are impossible to find and exterminate. so we had to send in 'bait' for a night to draw them all out of their hiding places. Trump is the bait, the racists are the bedbugs. analogy doesn't work perfectly, but I like being able to compare the neo-nazis to bedbugs. I guess the salient point is they now feel increasingly comfortable coming out of the woodwork, and we should all be pissed off and actively combating their hate.

Yep. As frustrating as this is for any thinking human being, this period of time shouldn't be wasted. Take names. A bunch of nutters have made their racist bullshit public under Trump. Don't ever let them forget it, and disavowing in the future isn't good enough. This is permanent scarlet letter type shit.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-law...perate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, is likely to cooperate with federal investigators, as his lawyers are expected to leave the case, sources said.

To date, Cohen has been represented by Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison of the Washington and New York firm, McDermott, Will & Emery LLP, but a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that they are not expected to represent him going forward.

So uhhh...if Cohen flips, shit hits the fan.

7vfm9op3gr311.jpg

Cohen may be one of the biggest shit receptacles involved. Lots of shit to go around. Will be pretty fascinating if it happens. dotard will lose his mind.

Yep.

and the squeeze is getting closer and closer. I think Mueller wants Manafort & Cohen in his pocket and cooperative before he moves one step closer, which is Jared imo.

It hasn’t. Trumpists aren’t conservatives. They only think they are. That’s the problem.

It hasn’t. Trumpists aren’t conservatives. They only think they are. That’s the problem.

Then where did the conservatives go? How does a stauch, ****ing staunch conservative like Sanford lose in a bloody primary at the urging of Trump then?

I agree that Trumpists aren't classic conservatives, but the conservatives seem to have switched to team Trump en masse.

well the Trumpists are now essentially the GOP. I'm not sure where that leaves the conservatives, but I know damn well where it has left the GOP.

What I think is clear now that many "conservatives" weren't actually conservatives.

i.e. the Tea Party clearly was never actually about the Debt.

I've harped on this many times, but there is a fundamental dishonesty at the heart of modern conservatism, and that is what has set the stage for this moment.

Steve Rosenberg @BBCSteveR
The Russian press is calling the Singapore summit a "PR success" & "victory" for Kim Jong-un. One paper warns that Trump's "exaggerated self-belief in his powers of negotiation" puts the US president "at risk of manipulation by his negotiating partners."

Back