• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

Henrik given a lead in most of the series, he lost when he didn’t have one, just sayin.

By those standards Stevie Y sucked because he couldn’t live up to the hype in the playoffs until he played with a stacked roster with 5+ future HOFers
Henrik had a lead because Carey was giving up softies in the first period in most games. In fact, the Rangers were pretty much scoring at will when they were not busy protecting a lead.

Let's not sugar coat it, had Carey been a bit better than he was we would have perhaps won that series.

The Rangers were not a very good team that year, Lundqvist saved their asses vs us but was garbage vs the Sens the series after.

I would really like to see Carey be an elite goalie in the playoffs

Bang on , our conference had other weak teams over the years as well

He needs to the difference in winning a series.

Halak did that a decade ago.

Let's get back on track here. This thread was to congratulate Carey on his accomplishment.

It has been hijacked by posters pointing on negatives.

Price is overpaid. Congratulations to him and his agent. Good work.

Let's get back on track here. This thread was to congratulate Carey on his accomplishment.

It has been hijacked by posters pointing on negatives.

There is a few on here that simply cannot help themselves. Did you expect anything different? lol

I agree Price needs to win a Cup to be part of the elite conversation.

Food for thought. Playing for far inferior “teams” during the non clutch & grab era of a more competitive (parity) NHL, just sayin...

feb78b3cc4e91e8e0eb3b83a96f4dcf3.jpg

Price is overpaid. Congratulations to him and his agent. Good work.

Dude, the advertisement by some fans and media made his value double maybe, i bet you if himself was ready to take 6-7 , some fans and media would get pissed and were going to ask for money, tbh, i doubt his agent and himself had to do a lot to get such a deal,

Last edited:
We jumped the gun too early inking him in July .

He was brutal last year , he wasnt getting 12x 7 years as a UFA .

I think we can shut down this thread.

People are continuing to use it as another window to bash Carey rather than using it for the reason it was created, which was to give him props for his accomplishment.

What? Was that an attempt at a sentence? You should try proof-reading before hitting the post button. Also, tone down on the homophobia re:"lovers".

Although, I guess English could be your second language -- if that's the case, I say kudos.

Last edited:
Price is a better goaltender than Roy was and this is coming from someone who started to follow hockey because of Roy, considered Roy his favorite player, and has a Roy Goaltender mask replica in his office right now.

It's unfortunate, but even if I don't agree with it, It will be hard for him to be recognize has one of the best without a cup though. Look at Marcel Dionne. Top 6 points in the history of the NHL. Played most of his carreer for an expansion team (LA) that has very bas team and yet manage this level of production. If he has played for any potent team back then, he has cups and his proabbly top2 point producer. Unfortuantely, no one think of him when you ask about best all time NHL players because he never won a cup.

It's unfortunate because being Elite is not enough to win a cup. You need to be Lucky. Lucky to be in a team build by someone of talent, surounded by other good players. Some great players never will win the cup and will be forgotten.

But a cup is not EVERYTHING. There are many bad goaltender that have won cups. It doesn't mean they are better than others that didn't. When you have Cam Ward with a cup, he is proabbly one of the worst goltender to ever won a cup in the recent era. Got Hot at the right time. The rest of his carreer, he was an average goaltender. Price is a thousand time a better goaltender than him.

Price is a better goaltender than Roy was and this is coming from someone who started to follow hockey because of Roy, considered Roy his favorite player, and has a Roy Goaltender mask replica in his office right now.

It's unfortunate, but even if I don't agree with it, It will be hard for him to be recognize has one of the best without a cup though. Look at Marcel Dionne. Top 6 points in the history of the NHL. Played most of his carreer for an expansion team (LA) that has very bas team and yet manage this level of production. If he has played for any potent team back then, he has cups and his proabbly top2 point producer. Unfortuantely, no one think of him when you ask about best all time NHL players because he never won a cup.

It's unfortunate because being Elite is not enough to win a cup. You need to be Lucky. Lucky to be in a team build by someone of talent, surounded by other good players. Some great players never will win the cup and will be forgotten.

But a cup is not EVERYTHING. There are many bad goaltender that have won cups. It doesn't mean they are better than others that didn't. When you have Cam Ward with a cup, he is proabbly one of the worst goltender to ever won a cup in the recent era. Got Hot at the right time. The rest of his carreer, he was an average goaltender. Price is a thousand time a better goaltender than him.

Price is Dan Marino

Roy is Joe Montana

Hopefully Price can turn his career into John Elway before he retires...

Back