• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price Moves Into Second in Wins Passing Roy

I’m betting Subban, Markov and Weber all make the hall. Likely not on the first ballot but they should make it.

Markov might be a bit of a stretch. Comparables to his generation, Kaberle, Desjardins? Doubt they all make it.

May want to look at the Hall of Famers other goalies he passed in the list played with.

How many HOF teammates has Price has played with during his Habs career?

ZERO....
Come back to me when he raise the real one like 33 did.
All these meaningless BS is just another excuse for peope who keep defending him in last 12-13 years and will do it until the end of his career.
Mark my words the pretty boy will never win the cup in his career!
I will see you in 4-5 years..

All these meaningless BS is just another excuse for peope who keep defending him in last 12-13 years and will do it until the end of his career.

Meh , neither will Luongo but he will be in the Hall of Fame.

He wont win a cup with us , thats for sure

I never knew goalies won the Cup by themselves?

Really think 33 would’ve won without the team he had around him, and let’s not mention the luck factor - Habs didn’t have to beat the best in 86 & 93.

Did Ray Bourque suck because Bs never won Cup with him?

There was a stat someone put out how 33 got 2x the amount of goal support Price has had (adjusted for hockey era) and the NHL is far more competitive in the cap era - don’t have # of bottom feeders from previous era.

Being blinded by hate, just sayin...

I never knew goalies won the Cup by themselves?

Really think 33 would’ve won without the team he had around him, and let’s not mention the luck factor - Habs didn’t have to beat the best in 86 & 93.

Did Ray Bourque suck because Bs never won Cup with him?

There was a stat someone put out how 33 got 2x the amount of goal support Price has had (adjusted for hockey era) and the NHL is far more competitive in the cap era - don’t have # of bottom feeders from previous era.

Being blinded by hate, just sayin...

Dude, you are talking with a guy who is following this game actively in last 20 something.
To answer your question YES Patrick contribution was wayyyyy more than anyone else, without him Habs would never have won the 1993, no fcuking way. Now i know that time changed, in pretty much every team sport including soccer, it became more and more team trophy than individual, but i BET you if this guy was part of contender team, he would find his way to allow one or two softies in crucial playoff match.

If you look at the last few cup winners, the goalies played a key roles as well, and had to steal few crucial matches.

Now, as Rolex said, it is totally stupid, amateurish and naive to build a team in 2018 around a goalie, i mean it is Ok for fans to think this way, but not for people in charge. Paying over 5 millions for a goalie is just stupid, this is the position the most improved in hockey we are no more in 80s or 90s, so there are many decent goalies available. That extra 5 millions can make a huge difference for a team.

Now same people will show up and say: without Price we couldn't even make it to playoff.

Without Price Habs of course wouldn't have Niemi, Budaj, and many other backups as number one.

We could develop or trade for another no1 who could get the job done, like many other teams do these days.

Last edited:
He a lock in the HOF IMO
Nice career, good numbers, but he never really won anything. No cup, no Vézina, I think all he has is one Jennings and a gold medal. I don't think there is any modern goalie in the hall without a Vézina or a cup. Most have both.

Back