• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Weber out 5-6 months after knee surgery

So, is this a surprise to anyone with two eyes and a functional brain?

Big, physical player who wasn't very fast to begin with started to see his body decompose right in front of him prior to getting traded continues to see his legs slowly continue to decompose little by little in a league that keeps getting faster and faster.

This is not shocking to me. And honestly? This is great news. This basically assures us we'll have the worst defense in the NHL next year and unless Price pulls out a couple of miracles, this team is going to finish just above Ottawa and maybe Buffalo.

Big, physical player who wasn't very fast to begin with started to see his body decompose right in front of him prior to getting traded continues to see his legs slowly continue to decompose little by little in a league that keeps getting faster and faster.

This is not shocking to me. And honestly? This is great news. This basically assures us we'll have the worst defense in the NHL next year and unless Price pulls out a couple of miracles, this team is going to finish just above Ottawa and maybe Buffalo.

We all knew there was a real possibility that Weber was toast. Some just ignored it.

He was getting worse in Nashville for a reason.

Now 31 needs to contract cockalitis ...... a rare scrotum skin rash caused by humidity and chafing

Even if he continues to suffer from chronic fatigue, I would be okay with that.

I can totally see Weber coming back for a week and having to be shut down for the season after tweaking something too.

You know, just in case.

So they put off foot surgery until April then checked the knee in June, brilliant medical team. Interesting Copernicus didnt mention that re team being better next yesr.

The excuse was they didn't want to distract the media focus away from the draft and the start of UFA season. What a joke. Transparency fail.

6ec39f631c0e5695328374c34df8fd8f.png

Cue Slava Voynov...

We all knew there was a real possibility that Weber was toast. Some just ignored it.

Really? Cause his last year in Nashville he scored 20 goals got 51 points.

I don't get where you see he was getting worse?

Was his body taking a beating? Most likely

But he was still playing very good hockey, even in his first year as a Hab.

Really? Cause his last year in Nashville he scored 20 goals got 51 points.

I don't get where you see he was getting worse?

Was his body taking a beating? Most likely

But he was still playing very good hockey, even in his first year as a Hab.

Ya. He started getting worse. The non-traditional numbers show it nicely. Him breaking down like this isn't shocking. He's an older hockey player that played a rough game.

Ya. He started getting worse. The non-traditional numbers show it nicely. Him breaking down like this isn't shocking. He's an older hockey player that played a rough game.

I don't see that at all.

His first year here was very good and was a key cog on the World Cup team.

It's ok to acknowledge that his body has taken a beating from playing upwards of 25 minutes a game for about the last ten years but he was still playing very good hockey

But had they done the foot in Dec, he might have been ready for the season

sure but he figured he could come back last year

so he had it on mar 13 and 6 months from then is sept 13
so in time for camp

but i never expected much from weber this year because of the 6 month recovery time from the foot surgery

huh?

this is the first time in a decade he was not played a full season

any stats to back that up?

because these are his point totals in his career

2005-06 Nashville Predators NHL 28 2 8 10
2006-07 Nashville Predators NHL 79 17 23 40
2007-08 Nashville Predators NHL 54 6 14 20
2008-09 Nashville Predators NHL 81 23 30 53
2009-10 Nashville Predators NHL 78 16 27 43
2010-11 Nashville Predators NHL 82 16 32 48
2011-12 Nashville Predators NHL 78 19 30 49
2012-13 Nashville Predators NHL 48 9 19 28
2013-14 Nashville Predators NHL 79 23 33 56
2014-15 Nashville Predators NHL 78 15 30 45
2015-16 Nashville Predators NHL 78 20 31 51
2016-17 Montreal Canadiens NHL 78 17 25 42

What does this mean for the cap?

How much more cap space does he get due to this long term injury?

Back