• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Quest for the Stanley ****ing Cup

If you watched the games, you wouldn't mention the SV% stat. It's irrelevant and absurd.

Either clear, open, unguarded shots, or fluke bounces. Those do not a save percentage make.
Name 1 other goalie in the history of NHL playoff who has a .822 SV% but actually did his job?

It seems like Leafs is the only team where goalies can post performance numbers THIS BAD but no, it's not his fault, it's the defense's fault. "He has no chance"

.822%. C'mon. If he's .900 maybe I can at least consider he was playing decent, but the team let him down. But not when he's .822.

And again, i'm not saying he's the only problem. But he for sure is the biggest problem.

We’re talking about 1 1/3 games, not twenty.

It’s ridiculous to talk about SV%, and use it as an indictment considering how many insane chances the Bruins had.

Probably close to giving them away now.

Babcock took a totally solid dman in Hainsey, and glue factoried the poor guy. Guy is a shell of what he should be. Congrats Babcock, your mind numbing stupidity is bringing out a lot of anger.

Its sad to see the physical state Hainsey is in right now. And of course, completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Leafs lines at skate

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JvR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore-Kapanen

Yep were ****ed

If that's actually the lineup Babcock dresses tonight, I think you can add me to the "Fire Babcock" bandwagon.

Just complete, abject stupidity.

At a point where I have lost faith in Babcock and his ‘system’ Hope I am wrong

I agree babcock has made some mistakes but mot just in the past 2 games. He has made the mistake of falling on love with a couple of players on this team and has either burdened the team with players who cant play any more or slotted them into postions they dont warrant.
Komarov on the pp .... wtf!!!!!!!
Continuing to use plekanis instead of moore.
Not moving kapanen or johanson up and dropping brown and hyman (even though he scored a nice goal) down.

Heh, Babs figures he is going to match that Pleks line against the Bergeron line.

I hope he really is worth the money he's making, because when I look at that I think we're pooched.

I can kinda get what he’s trying to do.

But I think he’s trying too hard to be the smartest guy in the room. He’s envisioning that if it works out, people will call him a genius, but the simpler solution probably will be the best solution.

Leafs lines at skate

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JvR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore-Kapanen

Yep were ****ed

I tried to show some faith in this team but this is killing it

I'd bring up Aalotnen at this point. He's a better option than those two

They kinda have to put the Hyman-Matthews-Nylander line back together. That has been our best line all year, and the only one that has operated at an "NHL best" level. At least with Kadri out.

That is probably our best shot to keep the puck away from the Bergeron line and win that matchup. The second line is obviously better with Nylander in the middle than Plekanec, but the first line is a lot worse. And at the end of the day they need an elite line to pay against Bergeron. That line has been rag dolling is. Our only chance is for our best players to go head to head with them and win. Or at the very least draw.

Back