• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Re: Galchenyuk traded

I really dont see what the big deal is. We all pretty much knew that he had no future here. Saves a ton of cap space and let the rebuild begin.

5 million for a player that hardly got ice time in key situations was a lot. I hope Alex can sort it out and find a good match somewhere, he has too much talent.

Cmon man , this is atrocious .

Another midget winger .

I would of taken a good prospect or a package of future picks than this shit offer .

There was no fkcen way there wasn't a better deal than this .

Carolina was starving for offence and they are stacked on D and kids .

I would of taken ROR in a package over Domi

This is horseshit , he solves no needs .

So now WTF do we do with 67 ?

How much better do you actually think AG is better than Domi if he is at all? He had no future here.

I don't care if you say he was gone away, we lose that trade. Max ****ing Domi. Seriously, Unless Pacioretty, Price and Weber are Next, this makes no sense.

So ****in predicatble....MB has ties to the Domi family

He’s very good friends with Tie

Okay, here's the good news by way of fancy stats

Domi: 1.64 P/60, 1.30 P1/60, -0.51 RelCF%, -0.45 RelxGF
AG: 1.40 P/60, 1.11 P1/60, -2.02 RelCF%, -6.05 RelxGF

Both had similar quality of competition, and zone starts.

So the good news? Domi was a lot better than AG was last year.

The bad news? Last year was pretty easily AG's worst year of his career offensively

16/17: 1.74 P/60, 1.49 P1/60
15/16: 2.09 P/60, 1.62 P1/60
14/15: 1.79 P/60, 1.51 P1/60

The other good news though? It was also a bad year for Domi last year compared to his others. It's hard to not break this down as a near wash offensively, but with Domi being the better possession/goal results driver.

That is of course ignoring the fact that Phoenix's GM is a massive stats nerd and knows everything I just posted (and much more), and also likely sees AG as a centre. So if he (and both of us) are wrong and AG never pans out as a centre, the Habs probably at least break even on this trade, and maybe win it (5 on 5 anyway)

The other bad news? That's only looking at this from a 5 on 5 stand point. The powerplay difference is monstrous

Combined 3 yrs:

AG: 5.64 P/60, 3.88 P1/60
Max: 3.43 P/60, 2.22 P1/60

To put that in perspective. Auston Matthews has a 2.22 P1/60 over the first 2 seasons in his NHL career 5 on 5. Domi is as offensively impactful on the man advantage as Matthews is 5 on 5.

That's not good.

So you've probably gotten a bit better 5 on 5 (assuming AG is just a winger), and a lot worse on the PP.

tenor.gif

Big money saver is maybe the key difference, but we all know MB can hardly sign impact free agents. He had one in Radulov but chickened out on one year contract.

How much better do you actually think AG is better than Domi if he is at all? He had no future here.

Question...what does his "future" with the club matter to his value? I get that the Habs have done their best to shred his value at every opportunity (we tried to do that to Kadri once upon a time, weird what some patience and good coaching does eh?), but how does AG having no future with the club (due to poor development/management) make this deal better?

I would not be shocked if Domi is traded in the next few weeks. Going to be a fun summer lol

Big money saver is maybe the key difference, but we all know MB can hardly sign impact free agents. He had one in Radulov but chickened out on one year contract.

Maybe a money saver if they bridge deal Domi like they did with AG. If you're trying to get long term on Max (he's currently a RFA), you're not saving much on AG's 4.9 over the next 2 seasons.

One would think that Bergy had learned his lesson on these bridge deals though.

I would not be shocked if Domi is traded in the next few weeks. Going to be a fun summer lol

No way....MB is a domi fan, from his father to Max

He’s had an eye on this kid for a while, rumors have been swirrling since the spring

Trade Max away and the Habs have no natural goal scorers, Gallagher was all heart last year and probably won't repeat. This trade kind of puts some betting back on Zadina for the 3rd pick.

Question...what does his "future" with the club matter to his value? I get that the Habs have done their best to shred his value at every opportunity (we tried to do that to Kadri once upon a time, weird what some patience and good coaching does eh?), but how does AG having no future with the club (due to poor development/management) make this deal better?

His dumb plays and puck giveaways did not help his cause as well. Its not all on the team and the coaching. He is not the smartest player in the world. For all we know this could be by far the best offer.

It's not the point at all. I am not trading a 6'2" player for a five foot fcken 8 midget in a possible lateral move , it's absolutely pointless .

This team is soft ,shit , and run by a moron .

How the fook do you move Chevy , PK, and Galchenyuk and yield Drouin , Weber and Domi.

How do you move 3 bargaining chips and fix nothing on your roster , give me a fooken break 53.

No C , no puck moving D , no depth .....what did these deals give us FFS.

I know he was gone , it was obvious..........but we got smoked again .

It's not the point at all. I am not trading a 6'2" player for a five foot fcken 8 midget in a possible lateral move , it's absolutely pointless .

How the fook do you move Chevy , PK, and Galchenyuk and yield Drouin , Weber and Domi.

How do you move 3 bargaining chips and fix nothing on your roster , give me a fooken break 53.

Its not even about the size. Its about talent level

I think there is more upside in AG

Fun fact, out of 9 goals Domi scored last season, 4 were in ****ing empty nets. That's the great stuff we re getting back.

Someone need to run Bergevin over or something.

Lost the weber Trade.
Lost the Sergachev trade
Lost the Galchenyuk trade.

Great trend indeed...

Do you you seriously think the phones were ringing off the hooks for him. Give your head a shake

His dumb plays and puck giveaways did not help his cause as well. Its not all on the team and the coaching. He is not the smartest player in the world. For all we know this could be by far the best offer.

BS , there was no fcken way he was shopped properly .

Your telling me you tell every team 27 is being traded on draft night .......this is your best offer ....seriously .

Back